50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

Printing prices

25 Feb 2021 12:54AM
I am in need of getting some images printed so looked online at companies offering this service, the range of prices is phenomenol so my question for those that send their images out to be printed is there really a great difference between images costing a few pounds
to the ones charging substantially more? I don't want to go the home printing route yet since good printers are expensive but can i get
good looking prints from the cheaper companies or do i need to pay more? can anyone recommend good companies that they have had experience with?.

Thanks.
25 Feb 2021 7:03AM
I'm very happy with Loxley colour, quick quality service with well packed product so no damaged items!

SteveSmile
pink Plus
17 6.6k 8 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2021 7:39AM
DS Colour labs was a company I used to use before buying my own printer.
Good quality prints at a fair price and turnaround in a few days.
I have not used them for a while but it might be worth a try.
Jestertheclown 12 8.4k 253 England
25 Feb 2021 9:33AM
Another vote for DS Colour Labs.
I last used them about a year ago at which time, their service and results were as good as ever.
25 Feb 2021 3:20PM
Am I likely to get higher quality print from an online company than a high street store?
Jestertheclown 12 8.4k 253 England
25 Feb 2021 4:38PM

Quote:Am I likely to get higher quality print from an online company than a high street store?

I've never used a high street store so I can't compare.
I think too, it will depend upon your definition of "higher quality."
Best try a sample from both before you commit to getting a pile of prints done perhaps?
Snapper 16 4.5k 3 United States Outlying Islands
25 Feb 2021 4:47PM

Quote:Am I likely to get higher quality print from an online company than a high street store?

I'm pretty sure that high street stores will be closed for the foreseeable future, so you may not have a choice. I've been happy with the results from DS Colour Labs and it's worth looking out for their special offers each month.
Arvorphoto Plus
10 143 6 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2021 5:23PM
I use Simlab. Can't fault the quality and speed of delivery
25 Feb 2021 5:28PM
Ok thanks people Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.