Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Priority Pass Lounges

cats_123 Plus
17 5.0k 30 Northern Ireland
30 Aug 2017 7:39AM
Just wondered whether anyone has any experience of using `Priority Pass' Lounges?

We have never been able to afford such luxury before but there's a Groupon offer for half price membership running at the present. We had already planned to buy a one off lounge pass when we travel to the Far East early next year, but potentially buying a single annual membership at half price + guest fees (there are 3 of us travelling) would make a saving.

Is it true that a member can buy take a guest(s) at any time (subject to the 15 fee of course)?

Interested to know any experiences...we travel out of T2 at Heathrow Smile

sandwedge 14 3.3k 3 United Kingdom
30 Aug 2017 9:13AM
My Bank charges include Priority Pass and I use it whenever I travel. I go mainly from Gatwick where there is a good choice of venues in the North Terminal but the South Terminal Lounge gets over subscribed and you need to book. It probably becomes worth the subscription if you travel more than three or four times a year. Not all overseas airports have a Priority Pass Lounge though so check before you go and many of the lounges are very modest in their hospitality compared to that at Gatwick North.
cats_123 Plus
30 Aug 2017 9:19AM
Many thanks, John
Ross_D 7 841 1 United Kingdom
30 Aug 2017 6:22PM
I have no experience of Heathrow but I have used the Escape lounge (25) at Manchester Airport on several occasions . It depends on how much time you have. If (like me !!) you turn up several hours before your flight then yes it's worth it (IMO). You get free snacks and drinks (alcoholic, soft and hot ), free wi-fi, newspapers etc. Plus it's generally more peaceful than the main terminal areas ! All the deatils of the lounges are usually given on the airport website.
cats_123 Plus
30 Aug 2017 6:28PM
Thanks Ross 😀
collywobles 16 4.1k 10 United Kingdom
30 Aug 2017 8:12PM
I agree with Ross. If you arrive early enough it is well worth it just to get away to a very relaxed and comfortable area away from the jostling crowds. Also if you are the kind of person that has a few beers and something to eat at an airport it is worth it as food and beer is free. I do it just to get away from the crowds...........not the free beer.... Smile
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.1k 8 United Kingdom
30 Aug 2017 8:51PM
Lately used them a few times.
It keeps Mrs D away from the shops and there's no fighting for seats.
Pretty good value when breakfast is included.
cats_123 Plus
30 Aug 2017 9:49PM
Seems PP don't own the lounges....some people have had difficulty accessing them even with membership. Beer and breakfast sounds good though 😊 🍺 🍺 😊

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.