50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

Pro Critique Gallery

Mjhearne 14 432 4 Scotland
5 Mar 2009 11:49AM
How does this work exactly?? Twice now I have ticked and opted to have my image pro-critiqued. But never had any response. Can this just take a while?? Or have I done something wrong?? When Looking back at the pics in question, I cannot see anywhere that it is awaiting pro critique. Also people are still able to vote, which I didnt think happened when uploading into critique galleries?
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
5 Mar 2009 11:56AM
As far as I know, if you select a shot for pro crit. it goes into a gallery where all the professionals can see them.

Then it's up to them to pick the shots they want to comment on.

As to why yours hasn't been commented on yet, who knows? Maybe they're all really busy at the moment? Some will be picking PA awards so that'll sap their free time.
conrad 16 10.9k 116
5 Mar 2009 11:56AM

Quote:How does this work exactly?? Twice now I have ticked and opted to have my image pro-critiqued. But never had any response. Can this just take a while?? Or have I done something wrong?? When Looking back at the pics in question, I cannot see anywhere that it is awaiting pro critique. Also people are still able to vote, which I didnt think happened when uploading into critique galleries?

The pro critiquers, many of whom only visit the site once in a while, can pick and choose any image from the ones put up for pro critique. Marking it for pro critique is not a guarantee that they will pick yours. I tried it about three times, I think, and one got critiqued. And even if it gets picked, it can be a while after upload. And yes, you can receive votes on a pro critique image, unless you've put it in the regular critique gallery.
5 Mar 2009 11:59AM
Thanks guys. So i assume my image wont appear in pro critique gallery until someone does comment on the pic.....given that they do.
mcgannc 12 389 3 England
5 Mar 2009 12:24PM
I've still got one on page 1 of the Pro Crit gallery so presumably it doesn't go on there until someone has looked at it!

Chris
pennyspike 17 2.1k 29 United Kingdom
5 Mar 2009 12:27PM
I always take an interest in the pro-critique gallery and have noticed that it has been pretty static lately.
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
5 Mar 2009 12:34PM
It was made clear from the outset that there is no guarantee that a photo, submitted for pro critique will ever be selected.

Pros are busy people and some of those on that team are also members of the Premier Award Team, so their time for critique is reduced still further. In addition Pete, who is one of the more active members, is of course out of action for the moment.
5 Mar 2009 12:39PM
Is this not one of the benefits of having the E2 membership?? I thought you could upload 1 a week?
5 Mar 2009 12:58PM
It is one of the couple of dozen or so benefits of e2 membership - but there is still no guarantee.Smile
landandlight 15 46 Scotland
5 Mar 2009 12:58PM
Yes, that's what I thought too. Not much of a feature if there's no guarantee.
digicammad 17 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
5 Mar 2009 12:59PM
The only way you will get a guarantee is by paying them for their time. The pro-critique gallery is done on a voluntary basis if I'm not mistaken.
conrad 16 10.9k 116
5 Mar 2009 12:59PM

Quote:Not much of a feature if there's no guarantee

It's a great feature if your photo gets picked. I like it. It's a pity there's no guarantee, but we just can't expect that from the people concerned.
5 Mar 2009 1:19PM
I would think you have a much greater chance of getting your photo chosen for pro critique if you follow the general guidelines for critqiue uploads:

Quote:The more information you can provide the better. First of all make sure you detail the camera, lens (if appropriate) and technical info i.e shutter speed, mode, ISO etc.

Briefly try to point out what you were trying to achieve, and indicate any areas where you feel there is room for improvement.

Overread 12 4.1k 19 England
5 Mar 2009 1:29PM
Thing is with no timescale I sometimes wonder if shots are getting pro critique and people are not noticing untill months later - I don't know about others but I generaly don't have e-mails set for notification when comments are made.
Aside from that the lottery feature to it just makes it a bit too random - I much prefer the critique section where one can at least have a hope of getting some good comments and advice Smile.
Maybe something could be done to revamp the Pro critique section and give it a new direction?
5 Mar 2009 2:12PM
I wasnt being arsey about it. But it doesnt tell you anywhere that there is no guarantee, or have I missed that? The Pro Critique gallery only specifies that its a feature for E2 members.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.