50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

Pro Critique Gallery

Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
5 Mar 2009 5:32PM

Quote:I much prefer the critique section where one can at least have a hope of getting some good comments and advice

Thanks for the endorsement, Alex. Smile Contributors to the CG do their very best to give what advice they can.

Of course we often come up against the exactly same issue as the pro critiquers: lack of any info about what the poster of the photo was trying to achieve, and what reservations he/she has about it.

Quote:Maybe something could be done to revamp the Pro critique section and give it a new direction?

I know Pete was looking at the issue before he went on sick leave. I am in touch with EPZ HQ to see whether the matter can be progressed.

Quote:I wasnt being arsey about it. But it doesnt tell you anywhere that there is no guarantee, or have I missed that? The Pro Critique gallery only specifies that its a feature for E2 members

Take a look here , Matthew.
Overread 12 4.1k 19 England
5 Mar 2009 5:50PM
I do think the PRO critique section is worthwhile keeping = so some for of revamping could be good. I do agree a lot of people post the photo a title and not much else (I recall a thread a while ago asking about having shutter speed, aperture and ISO added to the image posting form to try and encourage more info).
maybe have the section selection part before the form filling in - so that there is a different form for the crit sections to really push for more info from people
5 Mar 2009 5:56PM
Indeed. But while the purely technical details are useful (and ultimately could be reduced to, say, drop down boxes) even more useful is the photographer's intent and whether they themselves have reservations about their effort. That's much harder to encapsulate with drop down boxes, but not impossible.
csurry 19 9.2k 92
5 Mar 2009 6:04PM

Quote:whether they themselves have reservations about their effort

Saves the critique team having to think for themselves Tongue Wink

Runs off on a weeks holiday laughing maniacally at the chaos left behind as CB struggles for words to convey his anger/dismay that the critique team can be held in such low esteem
5 Mar 2009 6:07PM
In life the more you put into things the more you get out of them!

If you want a doctor to help you need to tell him/her your symptoms! Wink

But we do get quite good at mind-reading...........

Quote:that the critique team can be held in such low esteem

Only by you Cheryl - and, don't worry, I can very happily live with that! Tongue Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.