Want to sell your photos? Get Started!

Problem uploading pictures for January competition

J-P 16 396
31 Jan 2003 7:13PM
Try renaming your file - specifically exclude the letters jpg anywhere in the file name (other than the mandatory extension).

Can you post to the gallery ?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paddy 16 254 8 England
31 Jan 2003 8:54PM
I also had problem with up loading & internet explorer..I reloaded explorer & it worked a treat..
Big Bri 18 16.5k United Kingdom
3 Feb 2003 5:42PM
Pete, I just checked my entries in the Jan competition and only 2 are there. I did notice that when I uploaded my last one (graffiti.jpg) I had (-1) at the bottom, but assumed as it had gone this wasn't a problem.
It probably wouldn't have won anyway, but would be nice to see it up there if you can find it.
Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
3 Feb 2003 6:24PM
Bri As it's proably us who've cocked up here send it to me as an email and we'll add it. The judging's not complete yet.
Big Bri 18 16.5k United Kingdom
4 Feb 2003 9:29AM
Thanks for your help Pete. I see the pic is up now. (And thanks for the advice on meters)
Paul H 16 63
4 Feb 2003 4:54PM
Thanks for all your comments. I am coming to the conclusion that the problem may be with Picture It, which I have used for cropping pictures etc. I uploaded a picture to the reader gallery last night. I took this from my archive files and resized it without using Picture It. It didn't go through first time, but it did second time.

Maybe I need to invest in some new image manipulation software!

Paul
Paul H 16 63
12 Feb 2003 7:47PM
I have still been having problems with photo uploads following my last post but now, finally, seem to have solved the problem.

It appears that it had nothing to do with the picture files or the e-photozine website, but related to the proxy server settings on internet explorer on my PC.

Although I have no real idea what a proxy server does,I managed to find details of how to change the proxy settings on the following website: www.nthellworld.com.

I hope you will find this useful pete if anybody else who uses NTL broadband joins the site and has problems posting pictures.

Paul
Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
12 Feb 2003 8:23PM
Thanks Paul, very helpful. Hope other readers who're stuck can follow the advice and enjoy submitting pics.
14 Jan 2019 3:26PM
Hi
Been away for a while, can you tell me where I can find the monthly photo competition
Many thanks in anticipation
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
14 Jan 2019 3:35PM
Hi Chris,

Here's the link to the Photo Month Competition - you'll find it under 'Forums' in the menu bar at the top of the page.
If you mean the competition for the whole of January, with just one theme for the whole month, then there is nothing being run this month, unfortunately.
SlowSong Plus
10 8.1k 30 England
14 Jan 2019 5:24PM
Thanks Malc. It's the monthly one I always miss. It sort of gets lost amongst all the other things.
I often upload to Photo Month, not that I ever get anywhere with it. Sad
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
14 Jan 2019 7:05PM

Quote:Thanks Malc. It's the monthly one I always miss. It sort of gets lost amongst all the other things.
I often upload to Photo Month, not that I ever get anywhere with it. Sad

Chris - I was actually replying to the other Chris - ChrisBilton - who posted before me.SmileSmile
SlowSong Plus
10 8.1k 30 England
14 Jan 2019 7:17PM
Well, Pardon Me Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.