Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Problem with 7D

mikehit 12 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2013 1:04PM
I have seen this sort of thing on websites where it is something to do with the in-camera processing of raw to jpeg (the LCD shows a jpeg representation even when shooting raw only). It is odd that the camera LCD shows a good image but the computer image shows the artifacts because it is usually the other way round.
Have you tried shooting way only, jpeg only and raw+jepg? This may show if it is the raw image or the raw to jpeg conversion in the camera or the computer.
paulcr Plus
16 1.5k 9 Ireland
20 Nov 2013 11:51AM
Thanks Mike. I have the camera set to Jpeg only. I'll try with + Raw. Paul
paulcr Plus
16 1.5k 9 Ireland
20 Nov 2013 2:47PM
I've tried updating the firmware. Went to Canon website and downloaded the latest 2.0 update. I've tried dragging the .fir file to the camera and get capture.jpg

I also tried installing using eos utility but it tells me that the camera is not recognised? Any suggestions?

Paul
mikehit 12 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2013 3:12PM
Did you do it with the card still in the camera? I think you have to do it with the card plugged directly into the computer.
I can't remember exactly but I think you need to unpack the .fir file first.

http://digital-photography-school.com/forum/tutorials/116505-how-update-firmware-your-canon-eos-7d.html
Jestertheclown 13 8.5k 253 England
20 Nov 2013 7:55PM
I've just upgraded the firmware in my Nikon and to do so, I have to copy the appropriate file(s) to a (in my case) SDHC card, place that in the camera and instal the upgrade from that.

The camera's never connected to the computer at all.

I'm not sure that that helps . . . ?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.