Get 5% off Loupedeck Live with code: Ephotozine5

Problem with CC 2021 Layers

Jestertheclown 12 8.3k 253 England
31 Oct 2020 12:04PM

Quote:I have had to have graphics cards as I use dual monitors.

So do I. Use two monitors, I mean.

I don't expect to be offered a card immediately. I'll update the thread when I do.
Dabber 18 245 England
4 Nov 2020 11:42PM
Got my PC back today with my new Graphics Card as described in my previous post, total cost fitted 180

It works a treat with the problem of being unable to create a solid colour layer.

There is still the minor problem that the zooming of the image in the navigator is fairly unresponsive and jerky, does anyone else experience this?

Cheers

John
Dave_Canon Plus
14 1.8k United Kingdom
5 Nov 2020 9:54AM
Good news then Dabber. Just checked out Zooming with the Navigator and it is swift and accurate not jerky. You might review your settings in Edit>Preferences>Performance just to check you use of the Graphics card. I also allow Adobe to use 9 M Bytes of RAM.

Dave
Dabber 18 245 England
5 Nov 2020 10:29PM
Dave,

Brilliant! you were spot on- I hadn't 'checked' the use Graphics Card Box as simple as that-well done.

It just goes to show that if enough interested people chip in with hints and ideas we can resolve all sorts of niggles.

I'm really over the moon.

John
Jestertheclown 12 8.3k 253 England
19 Nov 2020 5:08PM
Update time.
I still haven't installed a graphics card; I acquired couple of used ones but they were years old and just made matters worse although it did confirm that it's possible to fit one so a newer one's still in the pipeline.
Meantime, Adobe have issued another update, claiming it fixes bugs and things.
I installed it last evening and the problems with the solid colour layer have been resolved.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.