Problem with Sandisk 16 extreme card

went out today used 1 camera 1 card approx 300 pics when i got back the card seems to be unreadable tried card reader and cameras nothing put card back in camera took 3 pics recorded ok but nothing else on card any ideas

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

12 Jan 2019 9:06PM
Was the card initially formatted in the camera used...? (and NOT P.C. big no.. no..).

What I also mean, is a card previously used in a Canon camera being used in a Nikon..?

You’re probably aware of this, so ignore if appropriate..!

Try a new card, coupla shots in the back garden and try again..?
thanks for reply use all my cards in nikon canon cameras format in camera use card in reader for mac
12 Jan 2019 10:13PM
5845_1547331195.jpg

justin c Plus
15 5.0k 36 England
13 Jan 2019 1:39PM
Why have you written new images to the card? That makes recovery of any overwritten images now impossible?
Also, why destroy the card by pulling it apart? Any exchange under warranty is now a non-option.
never pulled the card apart damaged in card reader there was space on card
franken Plus
16 4.8k 4 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2019 2:23PM
I once ruined a card by being too forceful in pushing the card into the reader and all images were lost as the card became damaged. I've been more careful ever since.

Ken.
RoyBoy Plus
14 301 2 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2019 7:55PM
You say you format cards in Nikon camera’s. I therefore take it you have more than one Nikon.
You must format the card in the camera it is actually being used with. I made a mistake some years ago of formatting all my cards in one of my Canon camera’s before going on holiday. I shot some images with one another Canon model and whilst I could see them on the camera’s lcd screen they were not recognised when trying to back them up. I wonder whether this was your problem

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.