problems with dfsvc.exe

katieb 15 255 4 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2011 6:49PM
Can anyone suggest the best way to fix dfsvc.exe. I am having problems installing a couple of programs and a few other odd window probs - I think the probs seem to stem from a faulty dfsvc.exe.

Thank you
Kate

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy Plus
15 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2011 7:02PM
What is the actual error you are getting Kate? From what I read it is either part of the .net framework or a virus.

If it is only in something like capture 1 then i would look at reinstalling the .net framework otherwise it could be a nasty.
9 Jun 2011 7:32PM
Hi Chris
I am trying to update windows explorer but it won't complete the update - also tried installing google chrome same problem - also trying to install Seagate dashboard so I can access my wireless hard drive - same problem. At one point " problem with dfsvc.exe" came up on the screen can't remember the exact words. This is not on my own computer, it is on a computer I use at work. I did do a system restore yesterday stupidly for a different reason and I think something has gone wrong because these probs were not there before unfort I cannot udo the restore. The comp runs window xp.

Kate
lobsterboy Plus
9 Jun 2011 9:23PM
From what I read Kate, this may be solved by deleting the file:

C:\Documents and Settings\%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat

where %userprofile% is your user name.
Might work Wink
9 Jun 2011 9:34PM
Thanks Chris I will give it ago at work tomorrow will let you know how I get on. Kate
10 Jun 2011 11:46AM
Hi Chris it won't delete as being used can't find out what is using it any suggestions. Thank you kate
lobsterboy Plus
10 Jun 2011 3:35PM
I think you need to log in as a different person to do it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.