Producing a Calendar

phil_j 13 134 4 England
27 May 2016 7:17PM
Hi all,

I am looking into producing a calendar to raise funds for Charity this year, I have been given a very good quote by a local printing firm to produce an A3 size product, but I am not sure what is the best programe to use to produce the calendar.

Has anybody got any experience of this and could recommend a good software package to use please.

Thank you in advance.
Phil

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AnthonyM 15 428 2 United States
27 May 2016 7:56PM
Just a quick search brought up a load of crap and scam (i.e. malware) websites out there.
Now I remember why I gave up trying to do this years ago.

Anyway I did find a template creator by Jeffrey Friedl. I have not used it, but if it is like any of the other stuff this guy writes it is probably quite useable and customizable. At least it might be worth checking out.
http://regex.info/blog/photo-tech/calendar
phil_j 13 134 4 England
27 May 2016 8:11PM
Thank you AnthonyM, I will check that out
chris.maddock 18 3.7k United Kingdom
27 May 2016 8:29PM
Thought that URL looked familiar. I can thoroughly recommend Jeffrey's calendar script, it works a treat. The really handy bit with it is the way you can feed it a (correctly formatted) text file listing specific dates (eg bank holidays, etc) and it adds the annotations in the correct places.

With a bit of knowledge and experimentation you can modify the script to do all sorts of things, I've extended the basic script to produce calendars in CS2 exactly as I want, complete with image editing sequences.
alansnap 16 577 26 United Kingdom
28 May 2016 11:28PM
Ask your printers if they have a template. I produce my own calendar every year and all I have to do is the cover as A3 and then produce A4 images for the top half of each month. I supply tiff files and the printer drops them in to a template they already have. There is nothing complex involved and I get really good calendars. Only thing to remember is that you shouldn't put anything critical near the edge as printers tend to bleed out at the edge and so the final image is slightly (a few mm) smaller than your file.

Cheers,

alan

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.