Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Pros and cons to Canon 70D?

4 Sep 2017 1:59AM
I'm looking to upgrade my Canon Rebel T5 and I'm really interested in the 70D. I wouldn't consider myself a beginning photography but definitely not at the professional stage yet, probably intermediate. I'm a wedding, portrait, and sometimes nature photographer. Are there any Canon 70D camera owners who can give me the pros and cons they've come across? If you have a different model I'd love your opinion too! I would consider getting the 80D instead if it's worth the extra couple hundred. At the present time my budget is under one thousand but I could continue saving. Thanks!
capto Plus
9 6.7k 25 United Kingdom
4 Sep 2017 3:43PM
My advice would be to get the best lens you can afford and save money on the camera if you need to. I have the 70d and the 760d, both great. If you go Canon the 15-85mm lens although not a L is a very capable lens and not silly money. Good luck and enjoy the journey.
Pejadee 6 4 Spain
11 Sep 2017 11:08AM
I use a Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD Lens with my Canon 70D.
Chris_L 7 5.5k United Kingdom
11 Sep 2017 11:39AM
Capto is right. Each lens is like a new camera. It's half the camera. It's no good getting a super cart unless you've got a horse that can pull it.

The idea of having a system that lets you change your lens is you should do just that.

There's a group of people who buy a new camera every couple of years and stick cheap lenses on them. They really should try buying better glass.

My photos look way better since I started investing the same amount in the lenses that I'd been investing in cameras!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.