WEX Deals: Sony Summer Cashback - Claim Up To 300

"Protected" photos

3 Feb 2011 1:09PM

Quote:In the meantime can we work out a common sense compromise?
Whats wrong with the way it is now, I thought it was pretty simple myself. Modifications enabled - I give you permission. Modifications not enabled - Leave me image alone! Wink Simples.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman 16 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2011 1:10PM
K you are far too sensible and correct with that post. What is wrong with the poster deciding whether or not to enable the sharing of images.?
Jestertheclown 11 8.2k 252 England
3 Feb 2011 2:17PM

Quote:Accepting that making a temporary copy of an image for private study is not prohibited "use" would suffice.

A good idea.

I imagine that that could easily be included somewhere on the upload page where some people might see it and equally easily be inserted into the T&C, which no-one reads.
Or, how difficult would it be to make the "protection" optional, ie. members could choose whether or not they want it turned on?
Whatever you do, you won't please everyone but that might come close.

Jester.
Alan_Coles 14 178 11 Wales
3 Feb 2011 6:59PM

Quote:They sound to me to be a little off balance if you don't mind me saying and if they were that worried about it I would think they wouldn't be hanging around long?

Funnily enough, I was thinking that same thing about people who, just because they don't like a few changes to the way the site works, decide to make a, seemingly, attention seeking song & dance & threaten to leave the site (although, having heard that same song many times over the years I have been here, very few ever really will!!) WinkWink (and remember it's just an internet site, not life or death!)

Changes or no changes it's still (probably) the best photo site on the 'net.

Just my 2p

Joe B
(dons helmet & protective gear waiting for the backlash!! TongueTongue )

As you have quoted me I assume you think I am one of the people who moaned about the change and threatened to leave ? Can't find anywhere that I mentioned leaving because of it and if you go back through the thread I have said I am disappointed but can understand it. Can't say I have tried to play with any of your images at a quick glance so you're safe Wink
snapbandit 16 2.3k 3 Northern Ireland
3 Feb 2011 8:45PM

Quote:As you have quoted me I assume you think I am one of the people who moaned about the change and threatened to leave ? Can't find anywhere that I mentioned leaving because of it and if you go back through the thread I have said I am disappointed but can understand it. Can't say I have tried to play with any of your images at a quick glance so you're safe Wink

LOL.. sorry but you assume incorrectly, I just used the quote as it seemed fitting for the people over the years (not just for this subject)who have overreacted (in my opinion) and threatened to leave (but rarely actually do) over what are IMHO minor issues.

Does not bother me if someone 'plays' with the images I upload or not.
(I realise most could probably be 'improved' by someone who knows more about what they are doing than I do, every day is a learning day!!)
SmileSmileSmile

Joe B
StrayCat 16 19.1k 3 Canada
3 Feb 2011 8:47PM
The way I see it, Joe was agreeing with you.Wink
dianah 13 24.5k 4 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2011 10:18PM

Quote:lobsterboy wrote:
> Personally I would like to be able to switch it off but it doesn't seem to be an option at the moment.

At the very least, I'd appreciate an option to turn off "protection" for my own photos.

Dave.

I agree totally. I am only just back on this site and have tried to retrieve some of my photos from the site, back into a seperate folder but have found I can't do it. I have deleted old folders and this is the only way that I can work on some of the flowers from the past. I am not very clued up on what I can or can't do but which ever way I try it I cannot open images that are mine if I move them from the site. I do understand about protection but I don't really want protection that keeps me from moving my own work..if that makes sense !Smile
Di
Jestertheclown 11 8.2k 252 England
5 Feb 2011 10:39PM

Quote:I do understand about protection but I don't really want protection that keeps me from moving my own work..if that makes sense !

dianah,
Have a look at the first post in this thread. All your problems can be easily overcome.
If you get stuck, PM me.

Jester.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.