Start your photography store - 30% off Picfair Plus!

Public Liability Insurance requirement for selling Phgotography at local Fair/Market

teabelly 8 45 England
11 Nov 2015 11:22AM
Hello, I am hoping to sell some local Photography at a forthcoming Christmas Fair/Market.

Can anyone give some advice and recommendations on which company is best for this sort of event and roughly how much I should expect to pay ?

This is a quote from the company that are running the fair on their application form.

Quote:Public Liability Insurance
Is a must have for all stallholders to have their own insurance No responsibility or liability will be taken for any damages, theft or accidents.

I would appreciate your comments.

T

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

teabelly 8 45 England
11 Nov 2015 11:23AM
(forgot to click the notify me of replies box)
thewilliam 10 6.1k
11 Nov 2015 11:35AM
Professional photographers normally have PL insurance included in their main policy and 5 million of cover is usual. Many venues demand proof of cover and professional associations generally make it a condition of membership.

The major players are Towergate, Aaduki and Morgan Richardson are the major players. You'd find it cheaper if you place all your photographic insurance with the same company because the premium has to cover the overheads associated with each policy. "Penny packets" of insurance tend to be expensive.

Good domestic insurance policies include PL cover but this wouldn't apply to any commercial activity unless you've specifically asked for "work" acivities to be included. I'd ask them before looking elsewhere.
keithh 15 25.5k 33 Wallis And Futuna
11 Nov 2015 11:56AM
User_Removed 4 1.0k United Kingdom
11 Nov 2015 1:09PM
I use towergate, you can also get quotes by googling pli
teabelly 8 45 England
11 Nov 2015 2:15PM
I have only tried one quote so far but it was 129.00 which seem excessive to me, so thought I would ask here of the right places to try and if indeed the 129.00 was excessive.
thewilliam 10 6.1k
11 Nov 2015 2:35PM
What sum do they cover for that 129.00?
keithh 15 25.5k 33 Wallis And Futuna
11 Nov 2015 2:35PM
Yes it's excessive. You can get dedicated market traders insurance for 50 at the link I gave you.
teabelly 8 45 England
11 Nov 2015 2:49PM
Thanks for the Link Keith, Yes quite a bit of difference from what I was quotedGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.