Panasonic 'Nature' Competition - Win A LUMIX FZ1000 II!

QRP Sunwayfoto or Andoer?

russellsnr 14 223 England
15 Jul 2019 8:22AM
Looking for a QRP for my Ball Head and Manfrotto 243 window clamp. Sunwayfoto DLC-60 60mm or the 50 50mm option and the Andoer Alloy Quick Release Clamp anyone use or used any of these two options please and can comment? Thankyou, Russ.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pink Plus
16 6.0k 7 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2019 9:17PM
Not had any experience with either of those brands.
I have purchased a few cheap plates from ebay and they can vary, my qr lever clamp will not fully tighten one of them so I suspect tolerances vary.
Sunwayfoto seem reasonable quality and are not at the very cheap end, I now use Leofoto as the quality is superb and the price is not too expensive.
Ian
justin c 15 5.0k 36 England
17 Jul 2019 3:48AM
I very recently bought four or five of the Andoer clamps and also various lens plates of all different sizes. I'm very happy with them all and can certainly recommend them. They haven't had hard, long term use yet but initial impressions are very positive. I've compared them closely to a genuine Arca Swiss clamp and Wimberley plates, which both cost considerably more and can see very little difference in fit and/or clamping ability. They look to be excellent products and very good value for money.

I've not used the Sunwayfoto one you mention and personally wouldn't pay the 40, when the Andoer (and other brands) do the same job and can be had for closer to 10. They don't have that dual release system that the Sunwayfoto has, but I personally wouldn't want it and certainly wouldn't pay a price premium for it.
A screw type clamp is all you need IMO and it's solid, quick to use and secure.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.