Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get the new ON1 Photo 10 and Save $100 Today. Use Code: GetPhoto10 View Offer

Radio Wireless Remote shutter release, advice please.

bluesandtwos 6 67 1 England
25 Mar 2013 10:56AM
I would like to buy a wireless remote shutter release for my Nikon D300s but having being confused by the various options on Amazon etc with both good reviews and horror stories of various models, I don't know what to go for! Sad

Any ideas from you guys out there in the real world?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit Plus
6 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 11:11AM
I have the Hahnel Combi TF for my 7D which can act as a remote camera release or a wireless flash trigger and so far it has not failed and it is great for macro work. After buying a second flash, I could have bought a second Hahnel receiver but it was 5 more to buy a 4-receiver Yongnuo RF-602 kit - this is due to arrive in the next couple of day but all reviews are good.
SteveHunter 7 386 1 England
25 Mar 2013 11:16AM
I use these Yongnuo triggers on my Canon 60D, well the Canon version, they are really cheap.

It does not specify it works with the D300s, but my assumption would be that it would support all Nikon. Not being a Nikon user I could be wrong.

You can buy more of them as well as they support Off Camera flash which was I mainly use mine for.
sausage Plus
11 336 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 11:44AM
The Yongnuo works fine on my Nikon D800 - make sure you get the correct lead.
puertouk 4 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 12:05PM
If you have the money, go for Pocketwizard
bluesandtwos 6 67 1 England
25 Mar 2013 12:14PM
Thank you all, I have just ordered the Yongnuo 603 trigger set.

25 Mar 2013 12:53PM
You won't be disappointed, I have just ordered another 2 RF-603s
SteveHunter 7 386 1 England
25 Mar 2013 1:10PM
I'm impressed with them too. I have 4 of them which I primarily use as Flash Triggers to run 3 external Flash Guns, one of them is a YongNuo as well.

I do also use them as a wireless shutter release when required, and they work brilliantly.

I use Sanyo Eneloop AAA batteries in mine and they last ages before requiring a recharge.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.