Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

Rates for amateur models who want to start earning money instead of just doing TFP?

conrad 15 10.9k 116
8 May 2015 3:33PM
I've tried to google this, but get an overload of sites suggested to me that don't seem to offer the kind of info I want. Suppose an amateur model wants to stop doing TFP and wants to start earning some money with her photo shoots. What would be a reasonable rate to ask?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 4 1.0k United Kingdom
8 May 2015 4:49PM
Taxi Fleet Insurance policy !!!! TFP

Total factor productivity

Time for print

(Not all of us know the abbreviations)

What would be reasonable would depend on how good a person is..............
conrad 15 10.9k 116
8 May 2015 4:56PM
Time for print! To be substituted with pay henceforth... But what pay, is the question.
philhomer Plus
9 85 32 England
8 May 2015 5:08PM
As a member of a number of the 'model meets tog' type sites, it has to be dependent upon experience AND levels. Not surprisingly the more experienced / more aesthetically pleasing models command a higher fee and can still be busy.

In this instance, the model needs to determine what they are prepared to "work" for and simply set their stall out at that level.
arhb Plus
12 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
8 May 2015 5:30PM
Since the beginning of this year Conrad, I have seen forum threads on one particular UK modeling site, dispairing at the lack of response they're getting from the casting calls they put up, using their normal rates. These are experienced 'internet models' that normally make a half decent living from modeling.

This is what makes it quite hard at the moment, to nail down an hourly rate for a model who does what starts out at clothed fashion and portrait work, up through to art nude, which commands a higher hourly rate.
It does tend to be the models who are prepared to do nude level work that are getting more regular work.

Bottom line: levels that model is prepared to work to + popularity/appeal/experience = hourly rate.
brian1208 16 11.6k 12 United Kingdom
8 May 2015 7:26PM
have a look on purpleport to get an idea, round here it goes from around 20 / hour upward depending on what type of work they want to do and what they offer
conrad 15 10.9k 116
8 May 2015 7:58PM
Thanks for the explanations, guys, that helps. Makes sense as well. At least it helps me give my friend a guideline, and then she has to decide what she wants to do and ask. Thanks for the responses!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.