Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

RAW processing

Beardy 16 79 United Kingdom
12 May 2005 1:00AM
After looking on thread about Nikon owning images, i was wondering what software other Nikon users use for RAW processing?
User_Removed 19 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
12 May 2005 1:03AM
Not a Nikon man now but I used to use the D1X.

There are loads of products out there ranging from Capture 1 though Bibble to Breezebrowser.

Bibble has always been popular with Nikon users as this is the system it was developed for but of course C1 has become extremely popular of late and I use it to process my 'old' Nikon RAW files whenever I need to produce a print or whatever

Barrie Smile
digicammad 17 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
12 May 2005 1:04AM
I use Capture 1 LE, which is excellent. If you are just trying out raw you could download RawShooter Essentials (RSE) which is free. I don't find it quite as good as C1 but some people prefer it.

Ian
Beardy 16 79 United Kingdom
12 May 2005 1:16AM
thanks for those replies, i have a look for them later!
sabretalon 17 1.9k United Kingdom
12 May 2005 3:02AM
In regards to the first part and Nikon not releasing the details of their encryption. This will be the same for all the other RAW processing packages not only the one built into photoshop cs or cs2.

Of course this is not a problem with current Nikons but it may be something you want to think about for the future if you decide to upgrade your camera (and buy a Canon LOL) What will be their next stage, only allow RAW images to be taken, no jpgs or tiffs?

I would be very surprised if Nikon do stop allowing third parties access to their encryption! Some of the Nikon users at the camera club were talking about it last night and some even mentioned that if it did happen then they would sell up and change systems.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.