Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Re-introducing myself

Debbiee 14 136 6 United Kingdom
12 Feb 2010 2:23PM
Hi I've been a member on here for quite a while but not long after I joined I got a new job extended my family and really didn't seem to get online a lot, also I kind of lost my motivation with my photography although its always been a passion I just never seemed to get back into until recently, so now I would like to become a more active member and get to know some of you, so I thought I'd start by making myself known and then commenting on some of the wonderfull images posted up here.

I'm Debbie been into photography for some time now I mainly like to do portraiture although I have done a couple of weddings for friends and family but I don't feel my confidence is quite there yet to make any kind of living out of this, I still feel I have a lot to learn before taken this up.

I think thats all I can say about me hopefully I can meet some great photographers through this site who can give me pointers (tell me where I'm going wrong lol) and I'll try and help in anyway I can.
User_Removed 11 718 9 England
12 Feb 2010 2:32PM
Welcome back Debbie.

A Single Rose and Its All In The Eyes are both lovely images, the rose in particular, i just love that one, very striking image, look forward to seeing more soon.
Debbiee 14 136 6 United Kingdom
12 Feb 2010 2:56PM
Aww thanks that one was done for a college project a while back now when I was studying photography. I think thats when I first joined this site, I went on to start doing a degree but found it so difficult financially living the student lifestlye that I never finished the degree (regretably), I think thats when I kind of lost my motivation as doing the degree I had all the equipment there and loved doing portraiture especially studio but now I just have my camera although getting back into photography now my camera is god, yes I'd love all the other equipment which one day I will talk my partner into buying me (maybe a bit of wishful thinking there), I've realised I can still take ok images with available light (I could only ever take ok images with all the extra light's and equipment). Hopefully with practice I'll start getting portrait shots like what you have in your portfolio.
maroondah 18 246 1 United Kingdom
12 Feb 2010 3:36PM
Glad your back. If you want to get to know other members keep your eyes open for EPZ meets in your area and tag along. That's how I started.
Best Regards
Gerry
User_Removed 11 718 9 England
12 Feb 2010 9:11PM
Awww thank you =o) my images are nothing special although i think im improving with every shoot, i just need to relax and enjoy it, which i do now lol and all i use now is a sigma EF500dg-st flas swivelled round facing over my shoulder and bouncing it into a gold or white reflector, crude but works well when mixed with available lighting.

As for the learning process, im still learning after 20yrs, so you got plenty of time yet, just have fun with what you do, you seem to have a good degree of skill with a camera and clearly understand light so you wont go far wrong.

I do like the rose though lol its a stunner, very romantic feel to it, very apt for this weekend =oD

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.