Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Reader Gallery submissions

RobMarriott 20 68
19 Nov 2002 11:08AM
Firstly thanks to all contributors to the ephotozine readers gallery which has certainly expanded over recent weeks.

Due to this popularity we have had to introduce an automatic resize of images that are too large, which may result in a lower quality of your original image. Therefore it is important to prepare your submission following these two simple rules:

a) the image width and heights should not exceed 500 pixels

b) the physical file size should not exceed 40Kb

This will ensure that you submission will retain its quality and a friendly download speed for other readers.

Thanks.
SuziBlue 18 16.2k 10 Scotland
26 Nov 2002 7:22PM
Ooops!! didn't see this and thought it had to be under 50Kb ... sorry :S
Curtis Welsh 19 32 United Kingdom
26 Nov 2002 8:25PM
Submissions are now coming so thick and fast, some photos hardly appear on the front page for any time at all. Is it not about time to limit the number of shots per person in in a given time scale?
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
26 Nov 2002 10:20PM
Yes Curtis we mentioned something on these lines in a forum about a week ago. We are working on producing an area for each member to post up to 20 pics, and anything goes. Whereas the main gallery will only be for pictures of excellence so it will be a challenge to get submissions accepted which should make things more fun.
Paddy 18 254 8 England
27 Nov 2002 6:47AM
Pete and the magic team...would it also be possible, when you click on someones name.. profile, you also could look at all their work submitted.... just a thought .. thanks paddy
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
27 Nov 2002 9:20AM
Hi Paddy
Yes part of the development plan is to have a link to each member's portfolio from the profile area...btw like your new pic. You must be one of our youngest membersSmile We also have lions and weird gargoyles.
J-P 18 396
27 Nov 2002 9:36AM
Is it my imagination or is there a flurry of submissions around the time that photo of the week is selected ?

Glad to see I now have 1 hr to correct those typos, but who do I do it ?
JP
J-P 18 396
27 Nov 2002 9:37AM
Oops, just noticed the 'Edit this message' line. I guess that's a clue is it ?
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
27 Nov 2002 10:39AM
Yes JP well spotted!
User_Removed 19 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2002 11:31AM
Regarding editing. I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I notice that when you go to edit a recently submitted message, it is shown with all the html line breaks in place and if you do not remove them, it doubles the spacing so the message ends up looking very spaced out ( a bit like Pete but that's another story)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.