Nik Collection 2018 by DxO - FREE with selected X-Rite products!

Realestate Photography

arhb Plus
11 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2017 9:58AM

Quote:In the good 'ol days when I was learning to do architectural photography with a view camera, I was taught to leave the merest hint of converging verticals. I believe my mentor was right in that parallel verticals look wrong and the uneducated viewer would probably know that something isn't quite right about the picture.

Agreed. The general concensus I've observed from some of todays architectural photographers(via specific social media groups) is that 90 degree veticals are left to interior shots, as most exterior architectural shots look more naturally 'vertical' at between 85 and 89 degrees.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikeweeks 14 977 3 England
8 Jun 2017 12:37PM

Quote:There once was ( perhaps still is ? ) an epz member called Realestate.

Perhaps that is the guy they need Smile
Into weddings but I am sure he would give property a go as well Wink

A name I thought would never appear again Grin

Mike
Carabosse 16 41.2k 270 England
8 Jun 2017 1:14PM
I think he's gone back to commercial cleaning - which is what he did before he attempted to become a professional wedding photographer. Wink
mikeweeks 14 977 3 England
14 Jun 2017 2:30PM

Quote:I think he's gone back to commercial cleaning - which is what he did before he attempted to become a professional wedding photographer. Wink

So now he is a real estate cleaner Smile
I'm a professional property photographer based in York, UK and we have lots of clients (estate agents) who are very happy to pay for us to photograph their properties. Professional photos do attract more people to view the property even though they only need "the one" person to buy it. It also gives the estate agents an more professional look on their brochures.
Cephus Plus
14 2.5k England
16 Aug 2017 9:33AM
When we were viewing a property the estate agent said "you have to use your imagination here" the reply was "What like your photographer". GrinGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.