Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Red Cross sees humanitarian crisis in NHS

thewilliam 12 6.1k
7 Jan 2017 2:51PM
gcarth Plus
17 4.0k 1 United Kingdom
7 Jan 2017 5:53PM
The government wants the NHS to be run down so it has an excuse to privatise the whole set up.
After the disgusting way governments treated the disabled any nightmare is possible...or even probable.Sad
When the NHS is privatised the profiteers exploiting this will be bailed out with tax payers money when it fails and so the true cost of running the NHS will be much higher than it is now - and kept hidden.Sad

Belleyeteres 10 264 United Kingdom
7 Jan 2017 5:58PM
My mother 84 years old got admitted to hospital by ambulance 2 days ago and within five minutes of the Ambulance arriving at the hospital was in a room and was being seen by a team of nurses and doctors.
collywobles 17 4.1k 10 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2017 6:46PM

Quote:The government wants the NHS to be run down so it has an excuse to privatise the whole set up.

Hi Garth .I don't agree (surprise Tongue ) I see no problem in allowing some private companies providing services to the NHS it sometimes is cheaper and better. What I do believe is that the public need to wake up and smell the coffee about it If the public want the service that they wish for then they will have to pay more. With people getting older, more illnesses being cured and technology advancing it needs MORE money. Now where that comes from is a debate but I think the public should start paying more either by increasing taxation or upping the National Insurance.

No matter how much is poured into the NHS, in five years it will be underfunded again................
dcash29 15 2.4k England
8 Jan 2017 7:27PM
Before there's any suggestion of increasing my NI, sort out the abuse on the system.
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.5k 9 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2017 8:10PM
A real serious overhaul of services provided - with reductions in work(cash) that the NHS shouldn't be providing redirected to critical services.
Education of people - The A&E service is as title Accident & Emergency. Abuse of the A&E room is a serious issue. Also impactors such as drink and drugs on the service.

I have benefited from the great services and staff that are in our Hospitals but it isn't necessarily just a fiscal answer to the current loading. Education, review of servies and better spending are also required.

As an example - Our local press is currently up in arms about lose of fertility services from the hospital - sorry no one is going to die without fertility treatment.
hobbo Plus
10 1.7k 4 England
9 Jan 2017 7:14AM
If the NHS refused to admit totally bladdered idiots after they have spent hours guzzling whatever makes them sick, there would be more room and money for those who are truly sick or injured.

Instead of picking up and admitting drunks and those too stoned to care, recovery, clinics should be funded in full, by those who market and sell the poisons......that is definitely one part of the NHS that SHOULD and could be privatised.

Hobbo
9 Jan 2017 8:46AM

Quote:If the NHS refused to admit totally bladdered idiots after they have spent hours guzzling whatever makes them sick, there would be more room and money for those who are truly sick or injured.

Instead of picking up and admitting drunks and those too stoned to care, recovery, clinics should be funded in full, by those who market and sell the poisons......that is definitely one part of the NHS that SHOULD and could be privatised.

..... and what about drivers who cause accidents, should they not be chased for repayment of NHS services...... and what about those crazy people who take part in adventure sports......

Very difficult to draw the line...
altitude50 17 21.5k United Kingdom
9 Jan 2017 9:13AM
A big loss of revenue is Health Tourism, the NHS are failing to collect from the people that arrange to come here to milk the system

Another waste of money is the removal of tattoos. If they want them removed they should pay for it.
9 Jan 2017 5:45PM

Quote:A big loss of revenue is Health Tourism, the NHS are failing to collect from the people that arrange to come here to milk the system

Another waste of money is the removal of tattoos. If they want them removed they should pay for it.

Given the size of the problems facing the NHS, your misleading statements are minimal and would have no impact.
altitude50 17 21.5k United Kingdom
9 Jan 2017 6:30PM
Why are they misleading? I read the Daily Mail! Smile
thewilliam 12 6.1k
9 Jan 2017 6:41PM
Whenever I go near a hospital, I get the impression that the organisation is a bit of a shambles.

In the newsagents, this afternoon, I saw a newspaper headline claiming that our hospitals kill 2 people each day by neglecting to feed or water them. Shortly before my wife was admitted to St George's, it emerged that a patient had died of dehydration. The unfortunate patient had even called the police to tell them that he was being deprived of water. When the police attended, staff assured them that all was well but the patient was dead within a few hours.
Paul Morgan 20 19.5k 6 England
9 Jan 2017 7:16PM

Quote:This piece paints a grim picture of our NHS

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/01/06/red-cross-warns-of-humanitarian-crisis-as-it-steps-in-to-help/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D1655475549_uk

Do readers think that it's really as bad as that?

In October I was rushed into A&E, I was seen straight away, but spent approx 12 to 14 hours on a bed thingy in a corridor, my only escape was each time was being wheeled off for xrays, scans etc, I was eventually found a bed on a ward at about 8pm.

I was not bothered though and had slept through most of it, although the wife was not all that happy with all that standing around waiting.

Its not the hospitals at fault really, I think they do a great job considering.
9 Jan 2017 10:16PM
What about prescribing medicine such as herbal and homeopathic, their is a demand for this and in many cases a cheaper alternative to pharma drugs.

Regards
dcash29 15 2.4k England
9 Jan 2017 10:45PM

Quote:Given the size of the problems facing the NHS, your misleading statements are minimal and would have no impact.

You've obviously not sat in an A&E department for 5 hours and watched the influx that parade in front of you that give a telephone number as they cant give an address. Nobody is turned away and are given free help and drugs.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.