The Totally Tamron Website Is Back! Visit Today For All Things Tamron

Reliable Next Day delivery supplier?

matg 13 27
6 Jul 2008 3:09PM
Can anyone suggest a reliable next day delivery supplier for a Nikon AF 50mm f/1.8

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 16 17.9k 8 Norway
6 Jul 2008 3:20PM
Job done Mat...

Works like a dream.
matg 13 27
6 Jul 2008 5:35PM
Thanks for the link Mike but I'm not after a courier I'm after a supplier of a Nikon AF 50mm f/1.8 lens that can deliver next day guaranteed.

Thanks
agoreira 16 6.0k Wales
6 Jul 2008 5:40PM
I might use it anyway! Just been looking at their charges, not bad.
They are recommended are they, Mike?
About to put my son's aquarium chiller on ebay, and it weighs about 20kgs! Looks like 15-20 should cover it.
SteveCharles 17 2.3k 18 England
6 Jul 2008 5:45PM
Warehouse Express (aka the Ephotozine shop if you use the 'store' tab at the top of the page) do next day delivery and have plenty of satisfied customers. The other big retailers, like Park Cameras, I'm sure will do next day.

Or go to a shop and buy one. Doesn't get more guaranteed than that Smile
Scutter Plus
12 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2008 5:45PM
Well, I have just had an unpleasant experience with Purely Gadgets who use DHL Express. Between them they managed to lose my shipment so I should knock them off my list if I were you! - even if they do appear cheap....Wink
6 Jul 2008 5:48PM
Sorry Mat - mis-read your enquiry. WE? - go for it.

Frank - yes. I've used this service and can't fault it. Filled in the on-line bits - DHL pitched up the next day (within the stated time-line), collected the item - client had it next day.

HTH's...
Blenkinsopp 14 320 4 England
6 Jul 2008 6:29PM
If you phone your order to Warehouse Express they will be able to tell you straight away if the item is in stock and confirm when it will be delivered
cameracat 16 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
6 Jul 2008 6:33PM

Quote:unpleasant experience with Purely Gadgets who use DHL

From what I understand, Some of thier goods are grey imports, There is a chance your order was coming from further than you realized........!

Your not the first to have problems with this company.
Scutter Plus
12 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2008 6:38PM

Quote:Your not the first to have problems with this company.

No; so I gather ....having searched the forum after ordering! Anyway I have cancelled the order - a narrow squeak I fear!!
User_Removed 15 4.3k 2 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2008 6:46PM
From recent experience it would seem that a lot of the internet firms offering the best prices, take your money then order the item from HK.
Best to check the facts before you order.
6 Jul 2008 7:15PM

Quote:...take your money then order the item from HK.
Best to check the facts before you order.

Hence my support for Warehouse Express (WE). Currently tracking the pricing for a D300 and a D3. Purely Gadgets (see above) are consistently the cheapest - BUT - whilst WE is more expensive, I know they will be genuine UK stock and all that entails when it comes to Warranty.
Scutter Plus
12 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2008 7:21PM

Quote:Quote:...take your money then order the item from HK.
Best to check the facts before you order.Hence my support for Warehouse Express (WE). Currently tracking the pricing for a D300 and a D3. Purely Gadgets (see above) are consistently the cheapest - BUT - whilst WE is more expensive, I know they will be genuine UK stock and all that entails when it comes to Warranty.

Exactly right Mike; I've learnt my lesson. Although I have used One Stop with no problems. The difference there being you are going in with your eyes open knowing they are in HK not having the wool pulled over your eyes. WE here I come! Smile

Ben
6 Jul 2008 7:39PM

Quote:Although I have used One Stop with no problems.

et moi aussi mon ami - for lenses and non-body stuff only though. Smile

The body is only warranted from the Country of purchase - and ALL the major manufacturers have this screwed down tight. Wink
LenShepherd 11 4.1k United Kingdom
6 Jul 2008 8:59PM
Providing it is in stock (check before giving card details) Warehouse Express, Walters, Park, Mifsuds, Robert White, Ffordes (they sell Nikon new as well as S/H), A.J. Purdy, Grey's and Fixation have always done what they promised me i.e. next working day courier delivery.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.