Start your photography store - 30% off Picfair Plus!

Remote control for Sony HX300

18 May 2019 10:59AM
is it possible to get a remote control to start and stop video on this camera

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tianshi_angie 4 2.4k England
18 May 2019 12:42PM
John - these kind of questions are probably answered better if you try Googling as it needs someone on here to have the same camera and the same problem as you to give you an answer. I have Googled nad found this

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/cyber-shot-compact-cameras/remote-for-cybershot-dsc-hx300/td-p/1310294
18 May 2019 1:33PM
hello

I did try googling it but nothing came up addressing the video bit
18 May 2019 1:37PM
I FOLLOWED YOUR LINK BUT STILL NO REFERENCE to start and stopping video sorry about capitals
18 May 2019 1:39PM
Because a remote control for the camera should control everything and if you are too specific that question may never have been asked before. If you don't get an answer to your question try asking it in a different way. It is programmed by a human who cannot know all the questions that are likely to be asked. But there is also a Sony forum which may give you more help anyway.
18 May 2019 1:41PM
But the guy says it is the only remote for that camera. So find the site for that remote and ask the question there. But a remote control is just that - it controls the camera remotely - so anything that need controlling it will control.
18 May 2019 1:51PM
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/interchangeable-lens-cameras-tripods-remotes/rmt-vp1k#product_details_default

This remote controller from the Sony site says, under specifications, controls movie.
19 May 2019 12:56AM
319285_1558223793.jpg

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.