Get 50% Off Affinity Photo Today!

Remote trigger advice

ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
7 Nov 2006 4:37PM
andy I use paypal for both my website and for purchasing and I hve never had a problem, you are protected with them nd with your credit card
scottishphototours 16 2.6k 2
7 Nov 2006 5:22PM
Paul,

Sorry to be a pain, but can you educate me on paypal ? - how does it work ? do I have to setup an account or what ?

Thanks for your help...

Andy.
nikon5700ite 16 1.8k
7 Nov 2006 5:59PM
If you have a credit card Paypal debits it with the sum required. This means that you send your card details to one firm, paypal, rather than numerous firms you are buying from.

You can also send money to another private person if you know their web address and they are a member of Paypal too.

There were stories about small businesses having problems getting their money but I've had no problems as an individual.

Paypal is a subsidary of Ebay these days
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
7 Nov 2006 10:30PM
hi andy
probally best way is to register through ebay as they own paypal, you can transfer funds into paypal through the bank transfer, or you can have a card registered to deduct payments from direct. its a lot safer than western union or wire money

also you are protected to a degree from fraudsters etc, also paypal take the money back if the person doesnt send you the goods

if you are selling on ebay you use paypal like a bank account

very quick method paying for goods, often then you get them the next day

i now have paypal linked on the photium website, and get payments by card a lot quicker,than waiting for a cheque to come, also client dont have to reg with paypal to make a card payment
scottishphototours 16 2.6k 2
11 Nov 2006 9:43PM
Thanks guys - will look into this when I get time.

Andy.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.