Get 5% off Loupedeck Live with code: Ephotozine5

Remote trigger for my Fuji X-T3

23 Oct 2020 1:52PM
My ancient 15 remote release (electrical) that I have had for ever, used on two Canon cameras and now the Fuji, has given up. The pre-release for focus still works but the final firm push to take the shot does nothing. I dissected it and was surprised to find that it was actually one of the wires in the flexible cable itself that was open circuit. Not worth repairing !

So... treated myself to a wireless remote also does time delay and time lapse sequences. Pixel pro TW 283, got mine for 39 from Amazon, I've seen cheaper elsewhere, but one click purchase and 48hrs free delivery. It arrived yesterday and I've been playing and thought I'd share my impressions. It seems quite solid, works impeccably. The receiver sits on the flash shoe, but it is so light you can let it dangle by the cable if you want a remote flash trigger on the camera at the same time or the transmitter half can be connected directly to the camera with the same cable to use it without the receiver. It took a moment to decode the chinese-English instructions, but I've mastered it. It's actually quite intuitive. Time will tell how durable it is, but so far so good - I'm very pleased with it.

225370_1603457072.jpg

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.