Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

USA Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 open to entries NOW!

Removing ICC profiles

liteman 5 29 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2011 11:24AM
In print in Photoshop CS4 I'm presented with a page of ICC profiles when I try to select the right profile to use under "Printer Profile". Is there any way of removing the unwanted profiles and just leaving the ones I have set up for the monitor & printer/paper combinations I will be using. I have tried deleting them using explorer but they still appear in PS

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 12 17.9k 8 Norway
26 Jan 2011 1:31PM
\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color (Win7 / Vista /XP)

Delete what you don't need.

Smile
keithh Plus
12 25.0k 33 Wallis And Futuna
26 Jan 2011 1:33PM
Windows>System32>spool>drivers>color

remember to delete unwanted profiles whilst PS is closed and then re-boot. Be careful which ones you delete, however.

grrrr
Wink
26 Jan 2011 4:22PM
It might be safer to save them somewhere just in case.
liteman 5 29 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2011 4:31PM
I have removed the unwanted ones in explorer, Windows>System32>spool>drivers>color, (I have taken the precaution of moving the unwanted profiles to another folder) and rebooted but they are still showing in PS
Dave_Canon 10 1.1k United Kingdom
26 Jan 2011 5:52PM
You do not say which OS you use. If you use Vista look in the Control Panel and you will find "Color Management". This is a use friendly way of managing Colour profiles. For XP, it does not come with this but there used to be a Color Applet you could download from Microsoft which did more or less the same thing. Finally if you use a monitor calibrator, some versions include profile management software.

Dave

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.