Top Black Friday Deals For Photographers

Renault Megane coupe

steve_p 15 1.2k England
17 Jun 2015 12:03PM
I would also add that Renault ....French implication they are bad is not always true. Since 2002 I have had 5 Renault vans each one did around 105000 miles with very little problems.
17 Jun 2015 1:30PM

Quote:...Also, Ive been told some manufacturers ship their cars with the ECU unit set at some sort of transport mode, which should be reset when the car is PDI Checked.

The car has a manual gearbox - ECU unit does not have that much influence on driving dynamics. It's driver's choice of their own.

I agree completely with your point of revving small car petrol engine more than diesel one. I had a similar "problem" when I bought a small petrol car after driving large car with a very large by European standards engine. Still keep both and yes, it feels like I need to push it much harder with small engine car.

And diesels are low PRM high torque engines by their nature. I wonder what would be my feel of driving it. They are not very common in Australia though...
themak 7 1.0k Scotland
17 Jun 2015 1:41PM

Quote:The car has a manual gearbox - ECU unit does not have that much influence on driving dynamics.

The type of gearbox is irrelevant. The ECU has every influence on engine characteristics and can be set to vary the power output as required (within engine limits, of course).
keithh 16 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
17 Jun 2015 9:17PM
The answer is simple. It's a 110bhp 1.6 Renault engine that has been around for some years now and has less power than the 1.2 turbo model. You'll have to work it hard to get anything out of it and a long motor way drag will sap the life out of it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.