Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Replacement For iPhone 6s?

Tallmanirl 7 288 Ireland
5 Feb 2018 3:26PM
Hi guys!
I use my iPhone 6s camera quite a lot, especially in church buildings or on the street. It's great for close up buildings but struggles a bit with anything further away or in low light.

My phone contract expires today and I was wondering if the cameras on the newer iPhones are better?

Regards,

Fergal.
Euan65 3 316 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2018 4:15PM
I got a iPhone 7 (not the plus model) in November as a replacement for my (Windows) Lumia phone. The camera on the 7 is dire in comparison to the Lumia's and I have to say i regret the change but am stuck with it.

I believe the higher end iPhones do have better cameras, but I think they're a little spendy...
miptog 15 3.6k 65 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2018 5:17PM

Quote:It's great for close up buildings but struggles a bit with anything further away or in low light.

That likely much the same with most camera phones

Quote:I believe the higher end iPhones do have better cameras, but I think they're a little spendy...

That sounds about right and implies that its an iPhone 8 and above.. how about the iPhone X?

Possibly that answer lies in what price contract you can negotiate and if you still want to remain with the iPhone.

I have an ageing iPhone 5s and use the camera quite a lot, often preferring it to taking a small compact. I especially like the pano function, and the ability to easily send vids and pictures via social media, which provide nice memories. I tolerate its short comings for its convenience.

StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
5 Feb 2018 6:21PM
Completely off topic; how's the phone on the 7.Wink Never seems to be asked, does it?
5 Feb 2018 6:24PM
My iPhone 7 camera is better than my old 6s.
Itís a phone first, the camera is just a bonus for me.

Steve
Euan65 3 316 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2018 9:31PM

Quote:Completely off topic; how's the phone on the 7. Never seems to be asked, does it?

It's ok, I suppose. I often get complaints that the person I'm calling can't hear me because they think my hand is over the microphone - it isn't, it just seems to be in a less than ideal position for some reason.

Although the extra monthly cost to go from a (very good and reliable) Nokia 950 to the iPhone is not much in my case, I do regret the decision. The only real advantage of the iPhone IMO is that you don't get bombarded by advertising and you ID sold by the OS maker quite as much as you do with Android, and both iPhone and Android have apps that you just can't get for Windows phones. With Microsoft abandoning the mobile market, we're stuck with spam ridden garbage that sells your identity for the privilege of using a technically inferior product. Still, what to do, the people have spoken and would rather have trendy shininess than stuff that just does the job with no fuss.
5 Feb 2018 10:07PM
The Chinese knockoffs are released in China a week before Apple release their new products, so maybe we can find a source. Apparently there's no difference.
5 Feb 2018 10:16PM
I use my ipad far more than the iphone, in fact I often forget the phone. I take most phone calls at home on the ipad also. The camera is much better also, imo. Try this app on your phone and ipad; 645 Pro III; it's cheap, and you'll have lots of fun. The images are excellent, and the options are numerous, and all useful, and it's cheap. There's one for the ipad, and the iphone, imo, really improves image quality over the original phone app.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.