Up To 50% Off Regatta Clothing + An Extra 10% Discount With Code: MSSEXTRA10

Resonance versus equipment.

Jonathan-Taylor 14 38 2
14 Sep 2008 1:40PM
Which comes first?
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
14 Sep 2008 4:48PM
Resonance is, as we all know, oscillation at certain frequencies. If your equipment is resonating you will get blurry photos............

...................... or did you mean something else? Grin
fauxtography 15 6.6k 36
14 Sep 2008 5:12PM
Resonance. You look, see, feel and create an image within yourself, the equipment, well its job is to not get in the way of that.
Jonathan-Taylor 14 38 2
14 Sep 2008 10:23PM
Can 2 dimensional images resonate? My Oxford dictonary also has resounding and strong as meanings. Mind you it is the pocket version and I am only a photographer.

Quote:Resonance. You look, see, feel and create an image within yourself, the equipment, well its job is to not get in the way of that.
I will go with this anwser as for now thanks Mark.
Leif 16 777
14 Sep 2008 10:56PM
Mmmm, dadaism, nice.
Jonathan-Taylor 14 38 2
15 Sep 2008 12:12AM

Quote:Resonance is, as we all know, oscillation at certain frequencies. If your equipment is resonating you will get blurry photos.................................. or did you mean something else?

How much does a Penny Black 3rd addition sell for these days?
Leif 16 777
15 Sep 2008 3:34PM

Quote:Quote:Resonance is, as we all know, oscillation at certain frequencies. If your equipment is resonating you will get blurry photos.................................. or did you mean something else?How much does a Penny Black 3rd addition sell for these days?

Nice girl Penny Black. Never liked her sister Cilla though.
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
15 Sep 2008 4:02PM
Equipment is equipment and nothng more. It has no part in creativity of the mind nor will it aid or hinder 'resonance' but any fool knows that, of course.

Surely you did not expect one single person to claim that equipment comes first?
mdpontin 17 6.0k Scotland
15 Sep 2008 4:08PM

Quote:Can 2 dimensional images resonate?

Seems to me that's a rather unnecessary question, but then my brain isn't firing on all cylinders today. I know, I know...no change there... Sad
Jonathan-Taylor 14 38 2
15 Sep 2008 8:21PM
Hey last nights posts were all rather weird but hopefully this thread wasn't offensive as some of the others I wrote.

I have been a photographer for 20 years and I kind of find it funny that the photography forums and members spend so much effort discussing the latest equipment.

This is probably because the digital photography age is still at an embryonic stage and each new generation of cameras offer so much more clarity etc.

My favourite camera is 15 years old though, it makes an opening to let light into itself. If that light then passes through a nice lens so much the better.

Why I visit photographic forums after a night on the tiles I will never know. Doing it again.
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
15 Sep 2008 8:33PM

Quote:I have been a photographer for 20 years and I kind of find it funny that the photography forums and members spend so much effort discussing the latest equipment.

You're a relative newcomer to photography compared with some on this site! Wink

I would say that EPZ does not discuss equipment anywhere near as much as other photography sites (ever tried DPReview?!)

We all differ, often radically, in our approaches to photography and likes and dislikes. What one person likes another may detest and vice versa. It can be a futile conversation.. there is usually no "right" answer.

The one thing we have in common is the need for equipment. Why is perhaps why this is discussed quite a lot. But not excessively on here, in my view.
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
15 Sep 2008 9:07PM

Quote:My favourite camera is 15 years old though, it makes an opening to let light into itself. If that light then passes through a nice lens so much the better.

My favourite camera is 5 months old and it works that way too.
Wink
ChrisWaring 12 22 United Kingdom
15 Sep 2008 10:03PM
Equipment is posibly discussed more as it is easier to quantify than artistry. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but equipment can be measured.

Chris
Leif 16 777
15 Sep 2008 10:46PM

Quote:
I have been a photographer for 20 years and I kind of find it funny that the photography forums and members spend so much effort discussing the latest equipment.

It was the same 20 years ago, though not online of course. I guess people tended to do it in solitude, with a glossy magazine to excite themselves.

I recall 15 years ago being in a bird hide watching birds, and having a boring nerd lecture me about why my bins were no good, and why my choice of camera was no good.
Leif 16 777
15 Sep 2008 10:48PM

Quote:Equipment is posibly discussed more as it is easier to quantify than artistry. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but equipment can be measured.

Chris

Damien Hirst's art was well and truly measured today at more than 70 million for a pile of poop!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.