Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get the new ON1 Photo 10 and Save $100 Today. Use Code: GetPhoto10 View Offer

Return of Ilford films

adrian_w Plus
8 3.5k 4 Scotland
29 Jan 2013 1:02PM
For those who stilll love B&W film & processing, Ilford Films are back on the market. Interesting to see one of them is rated at ISO 3200.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thefizz 11 353
29 Jan 2013 1:09PM
Eh, I didn't know they were off the market??????
keith selmes 12 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 1:41PM
Did 7dayshop drop because the price was too high ?
and then decided to stock them again ?

Edit: they've been here all the time ... http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/index.asp
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
29 Jan 2013 2:49PM
LOL...Smile Thanks for the tip, But methinks they never really disappeared, Hopefully that happy state will remain well into the future.....!!!

thewilliam 7 5.4k
29 Jan 2013 3:36PM
The Delta 3200 has been around for a while and it's a fine film. Pity Kodak dropped TMax 3200!
Yup Illford films still used and recommended on photography course, currently using illford FP4 and HP5!
keith selmes 12 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 4:32PM
I'm pretty sure 7day did drop Ilford some time ago because it was too expensive, and told us all to buy Kodak instead. So I went elsewhere Smile

I'm wondering what made them change back - realising we still buy Ilford, or seeing troubles at Kodak maybe ?
franken Plus
13 3.7k 4 Wales
29 Jan 2013 5:26PM
Ilford continue to do well and have not stopped production of film.

Perhaps the film is getting cheaper as they now manufacture their own cassettes again?

Andysnapper 7 109 25 England
30 Jan 2013 3:39PM
Harman Technologies, who own Ilford, announced a profit last year, so they must be selling a fair bit of fillum. Personnally I'm not a big fan of HP5 but FP4 is excellent and their cheaper Kentmere film is also very good for the price.
7DS did stop stocking Ilford after a price rise last year but have recently restocked.

User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
30 Jan 2013 4:28PM
They have never been away.

I think that the 7-day Shop scenario may have been the other way round - Ilford stopped supplying them because they were selling too cheap and upsetting other retailers. That was certainly the case with Ilford inkjet paper - glad to see that 7-day shop are now stocking it again (but at considerably higher prices than previously).
phred 9 71
1 Feb 2013 7:52PM
"Back on the Market"?
Never were off.
Unless I've been getting mine from Faeries.

This is them, wands and all: -
1 Mar 2013 10:13AM
Ilford labs do wonderful processing. I had my delta 100 processed and scanned by them last week. (MF)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.