RogBrown -- Roger Brown

DaveU 13 1.4k 125 England
25 Feb 2017 2:07PM
For you old-timers on EPZ I have some very sad news as my good friend RogBrown passed away yesterday after a lengthy battle with cancer.

I met Rog through EPZ many years ago and we hit it off straight away, sharing a common interest in HDR, photoshop, good beer and fine pub lunches. Not for us the trials and tribulations of landscape photography, we didn't like getting cold or wet and waiting for the light was just a waste of good drinking time. No, give us a nice dry cathedral or country church with a decent local pub and we were like pigs in muck.

So if any of you knew Rog and want to leave a comment then please feel free.

Rest assured though that if there are pubs in heaven then Rog will be leaning on the bar now with a pint in his hand, and yeah he may well get round to a spot of photography a little later ............

RIP Rog Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
25 Feb 2017 3:19PM
Oh that's sad to hear, thanks for letting us know Dave. He was a valued member on ePHOTOzine and one of the good guys. Condolences to his family and friends.
Carabosse 16 41.3k 270 England
25 Feb 2017 3:22PM
Very sad, please pass our sympathy to his family and friends.
25 Feb 2017 3:38PM
Thanks guys ..............
SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
25 Feb 2017 3:50PM
What a lovely way to remember him, Dave. Sounds like you both had lots of fun.
x
DeSilver Plus
12 14 12 England
25 Feb 2017 4:05PM
Roger was a good friend to have. He did not take life too seriously but he did like his photography especially if it came with a good pint of ale and a Pub lunch.
I remember him one day when he said that he was going to have chemotherapy. The only thing that worried him was that he might lose his mustache which he had become very attached to over the years that it had been adoring his top lip. When he had finished his first course of chemotherapy he had a smile on his face that stretch from ear to ear. He had not lost his beloved mustache.
That's the way he faced life and in the end death. Take it as it comes.
I will miss him but a good friend of mine said to me today, Remember the good things. That's true. Roger will always be with me even if I cannot see or speak to him.
My condolences to his Wife Roger's sole mate.
David
petebfrance 7 2.8k France
25 Feb 2017 4:41PM
Very sad. My condolences to to his family. I didn't know him but I remember his commenting on the forum and his photographs. He will be missed.
25 Feb 2017 4:52PM
Thanks you three and yes we did have fun Chris. I've just spent a nostalgic afternoon looking back through his PF and reading all of the banter on his pics ..... brought back some very good memories.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 36 Norway
25 Feb 2017 5:00PM
I never knew Rog other than through the pages of ePz, but must admit he made an impression on me, in a very positive way.
Thoughts go to his family and close friends.

Malc
bluesandtwos 10 406 1 England
25 Feb 2017 5:15PM
I didnt know the man Dave, but I reckon you would be a good judge of people. Sounds like the world has lost another of the good guys. So sad for his family, and for you losing a friend.

Dave
lobsterboy Plus
15 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2017 5:18PM
Such a shame - my thoughts are with his friends and family.
chase Plus
14 1.3k 272 England
25 Feb 2017 5:33PM
Such sad news,lovely,lovely man.
My sympathies to his family Dave and thankyou for letting us know.
craggwildlifephotography Junior Member 11 137 1 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2017 6:01PM
Sad news
My Sympathies to his family..

David
25 Feb 2017 6:18PM
Thanks guys. The lovely thing about EPZ is that even though you never actually meet people they can become "virtual" friends by nature of a shared love of photography and through banter on photo comments and forum threads. I was lucky enough to claim Rog as a "real" friend too. We had some great outings and I've many happy memories.
25 Feb 2017 6:34PM
Such sad news, he may be gone but will never be forgotten, RIP Rog and condolences to all his friends and family.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.