Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

Safe Web Browser

13 Sep 2020 1:31PM
anybody out there heard of tor browser
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2020 1:47PM
Yup the TOR browser was developed by the US intelligence agencies as a way of accessing the internet anonymously, perfect for spies. The trouble is, if only spies used it, it would be pretty obvious who the spies were! So they open sourced it and anyone can use it now.

Its the perfect tool for accessing the dark web and hiding everything you do from government & corporations AFAIK Wink
jacomes Plus
5 26 16 Portugal
13 Sep 2020 6:43PM
I wouldn't touch anything developed by a US intellegence agency, they'll have a back door surveillance on it.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.0k 66 Norway
13 Sep 2020 6:55PM

Quote:I wouldn't touch anything developed by a US intellegence agency, they'll have a back door surveillance on it.

Exactly...watching those who don't want to be watched can be big, lucrative business...
tttfoto 18 592 Poland
14 Sep 2020 8:33AM
I use Opera on a Macbook pro, it has a free VPN which can be switched on or off according to what sites you want to visit. Its also got a built in content blocker, very versatile, fast and some great extensions....(spelling, translation).
Terry
banehawi Plus
16 2.3k 4163 Canada
17 Sep 2020 2:38PM
If we stop using technology developed by the us military, there goes GPS and cell phones.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.