Regatta Winter Sale - Up To 70% Off

Samsung A32 - no photos

ChrisJP 13 2.0k Wales
13 Jan 2022 10:06AM
Last year I purchased a Samsung A32, I've taken a few images with it, but when I connect to the computer and try to download those images Lightroom says that there are no photos on there. If I open the A32 file on 'This PC' it shows the file as being empty. I can email the images or post on FB, so where are they and how can I download them to Lightroom or my PC?
13 Jan 2022 10:22AM
Did you format the card in the camera?
13 Jan 2022 1:41PM
And have you selected 'Show import dialogue when memory card is detected' in the Lightroom Preferences
ChrisJP 13 2.0k Wales
13 Jan 2022 2:21PM
Yes.
13 Jan 2022 5:00PM
I am using Windows 10 and it updated itself yesterday - today nothing in Lightroom or PS CC is working properly. Both are freezing and I am having to close them and start again. Did this happen very recently?

I also wonder - did you try to download them manually - i.e. by using the Import button, and choosing the camera as the source drive
ChrisJP 13 2.0k Wales
13 Jan 2022 6:17PM
Yes, but the phone is not showing as a source at all.
This has been happening since I bought the phone in October, at first the images were stored on the phone, I then changed this to store them on the card. None of the images are showing on Lightroom or the PC.
Railcam 15 935 2 Scotland
13 Jan 2022 6:44PM
Have you taken the card out of the phone and put in a card reader attached to your PC? This should prove whether or not the card can be seen by the PC and if it contains images. If the card is seen by the PC but there are no images t means the phone is not writing to the card. Just a case of narrowing down where the problem lies.

If the PC does not recognise the card it could be a faulty card.
Carabosse 18 41.9k 270 England
14 Jan 2022 2:07AM

Quote:Yes, but the phone is not showing as a source at all.

Oddly enough I thought the same was happening with my phone - which does not have a card slot. It is all stored on the phone itself.

However the phone did show up when I went through a few of the folders. It was actually there all the time. Try hunting around starting with the C-drive.
14 Jan 2022 7:30AM
ChrisJP 13 2.0k Wales
14 Jan 2022 11:48AM
Have you enabled access?

I have now thanks, clicked on to transfer images and it's worked.
Bloody technology!!!

Many thanks.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.