Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

Sanctuary Wildlife Photo of the Year

StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
21 Nov 2017 8:38PM
Special interest groups are usually ill-informed. I go back to Watson and the seal fishery in Canada; cutting it out has been a disaster for the seals, and the people, and Watson has gone on to fame in the arms of Hollywood. Seals dying in the streets of towns, feeding in the garbage behind KFC, decimating fish stocks; all so a few people can feel good for a few minutes. I love nature and wildlife, as much as any person on earth, but I wouldn't give a dime to any of the so-called wildlife and nature groups, because most of them are in it for the glory, and the animals be damned. I have seen it from both sides, and the protesters are idiots in most cases.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

21 Nov 2017 8:53PM

Quote:Special interest groups are usually ill-informed.
Like?

There are humane animal management measures as there are credible conservation projects.
21 Nov 2017 9:02PM
I'll just add a bit more accurate info on what's happened since banning seal fishery; seals are full of worms and other parasites, naturally, as the seal population grows out of control, fish are eating seal feces, and the fish on the east coast of Canada are crawling with worms, from the seals; and it goes on; the various sea birds are eating the fish, which they do, and they are now full of worms, and dying by the thousands. Why would anyone with common sense support such a system? These special interest groups are far more harmful to wildlife than the few hunters who take a small percentage of the total, and pay a generous amount for their support and control by TRAINED wildlife officers and scientists. So many things are getting out of control in our lives because of a few fanatical activists who don't know their a**e from a hole in the ground.
21 Nov 2017 9:07PM
It's difficult to have a discussion when people refuse to see past the cute faces of the animals. Greenpeace and other such groups are messing up many carefully constructed programs that help many species of wildlife, for what, personal gain and glory, absolutely nothing else. Brian Watson is a manipulator of young college students who are blinded by his nonsense. I've met many of them.
21 Nov 2017 9:16PM

Quote:There are humane animal management measures as there are credible conservation projects.

Yes, I agree, and they include issuing licenses to cull over-population of specific species, under controlled conditions. They also include arresting people who break the law by hunting out of season, or without a license. Here the penalties are very stiff, you can't even pick up the antlers or horns of wildlife in the bush that have fallen off naturally. Conservation is extreme here, and I see example all the time, I spend many hours in the wild hunting with my camera. The people who hunt with guns help support the system of control and conservation with their money. No money, no control. And the key is, it's done by trained people, not slobbering drunks, or druggies.
21 Nov 2017 9:17PM

Quote:Greenpeace and other such groups are messing up many carefully constructed programs that help many species of wildlife
Such as?
21 Nov 2017 9:25PM
The seal industry, and anything they interfere in, they do nothing to improve the welfare of wildlife. They get the Hollywood (soon to be named Cesspool) crowd excited, and fill their pockets with there money. Lets have some of your examples of where these people have improved the lot of wildlife, cute, cudly seal pups? Is that what you want more of.Smile

Anyway, it's so frustrating trying to discuss something with uninformed people, I'll leave this to your capable hands.
21 Nov 2017 9:37PM

Quote:Lets have some of your examples of where these people have improved the lot of wildlife, cute, cudly seal pups? Is that what you want more of
Wouldnt matter if I did Denny, you wouldnt look at them. I've always said I'm open to other opinions. I know you support seal hunting but personally speaking I would like access to facts and figures and proper research links rather than patronising comments.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.