Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Sandisk Rescue Pro Software

montechoro 13 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
11 Jul 2009 5:46PM
I bought a couple of Sandisk Memory Cards recently and they came with a “free” download of Rescue Pro Software.

After a stupid, basic mistake on my part – I needed to recover the images on one of the cards.

All I can say is this bit of “free” software saved the day for me.

It recovered all my RAW and jpeg images – including ones taken weeks ago.

The card has been reformatted in the camera several times since I’ve had it, so I am amazed to see images I thought had been lost through several reformatting procedures.

Five big, life saving Gold Stars from me for this super freebie from Sandisk.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GazzaG2003 12 280 England
11 Jul 2009 7:03PM
Thats excellent news, I too have this software, i hope i never have to use it, but its good news to know it works 5 *****'s
catgirl73 7 142 United Kingdom
12 Jul 2009 12:05PM
Hi, just to add, this software saved me too after spending out on a photography course. All I can say is what a peace of kit. But I learnt a lesson and soon purchased some back-up units to back-up my pics.
Henchard 10 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
12 Jul 2009 12:32PM
Recuva is also very good
k13wjd 7 108
12 Jul 2009 5:02PM
ive used it, was on holiday in the DR, took easy 800 frames.....got a bit drunk on the last day, and whilst taking a long exp. night shot, i removed the card mid frame......

cue 2 days of sulking, thinking i'd lost every shot........according to my pc, the card needed to be formatted....

thank you sandisk !
MattGrayson 8 622 3 England
13 Jul 2009 11:10AM
I've just installed the Deluxe version, and in a twisted way, I'm looking forward to using it. Smile
montechoro 13 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2009 11:17AM

Quote:I've just installed the Deluxe version, and in a twisted way, I'm looking forward to using it.

May you never experience the stomach churning "will I get my images back or not" feeling - it is awful.

When the software proudly tells you it has recovered your lost image from the card - you feel like having a large beer or four - after you have saved and renamed the files that is.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.