50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

SCAM - Talktalk.

chase Plus
15 2.1k 562 England
27 Mar 2021 9:10AM
Another goodie scam email from DVLA ( ?) telling me my vehicle is no longer taxed...... my vehicle is tax exempt !
Plenty of links for me to go and pay and a threat of a hefty fine.
Heading looks plausible, but quite a few spelling mistakes if you look carefully.
27 Mar 2021 11:58AM
Another to watch out for our text messages claiming to be from DPD or Royal Mail asking for money to release a parcel they have waiting to be collected!
polis_928tadw59 10 7.0k United Kingdom
27 Mar 2021 3:00PM
Re scams there is a site from WHICH magazine which shows recent scams. It is free, go to
www.which.co.uk/scamalerts several scams mentioned here are highlighted.
2 Apr 2021 3:27PM
Today, I have received another supposed email from TalkTalk. It was titled TalkTalk 2021. Hovering over the address/sender it showed as coming from info@hippoglow. com . Contents asked me to claim my reward before 5th April.
I have googled both the above 'sender' and also www.hippoglow. com but with no result, so it appears to be another scam intended for TT customers.
Deiqkier 10 50 United Kingdom
5 Apr 2021 12:43PM
Getting a bit tired of these people, so when I had a call saying 600 of my money had been paid to China I pressed 1. Usual thing- noisy call center, Indian accent, and common English name.
Sohe went through his script and I asked, well is it my Nat west or my other bank account. So it was NW, and I played along for a while until he wanted account details. So I said -oh sorry, I just remembered I don't have an account with them. A short pause then he shouts "well **** you then" and puts phone down.
Very shocked, but very pleased with myself.
thewilliam2 4 1.5k United Kingdom
5 Apr 2021 3:21PM
I took a call this morning, alleged to be from Openreach, telling me that my broadband wasn't working properly. I told the caller that we get a lot of scam calls and that he should very by telling me the address on the account. The call ended abruptly!
Bridgelayer 13 747 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2021 2:59PM
This call is well worth a listen. Two minutes of life just wasted.
9 Apr 2021 6:08PM
Yesterday, I received an email relating to Amazon. I have never used Amazon, but the email was inviting me to a "reward". I hovered over the email, and result - it was a different address to that of Amazon. Did not even look at the contents and I just deleted it.
9 Apr 2021 9:50PM
Had a text today claiming Hermes had been unable to deliver a parcel as was out. Please re-arrange delivery with a link. Strange as been in all day.
Checked online on the official Hermes website the so called parcel number did not exist.
Reported the number.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.