Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Scam Or Not?

ngeeves 18 118 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2005 8:41AM
Hi peeps I received this today

Feedback From OzImages Website for Nick Geeves

Email: mickyeze08@yahoo.com

urgent respond
My name is Michael Ezekiel My wife Agnes and will are planning to have our wedding on April 23 this year at St Francis Anglican church,Dallas,Texas.I am looking for the best photographer who will come and snapshoot on the D-day and when i came across your advert i was impressed.At this time,we are on our way to Holland for our pre wedding honeymoon.Let me know your charges for your required services if you are to work for at most 6 Hours on that day.We want about 150 copies of different photos in both black and white and in colour both in the church and reception and of both the bride and the bridegroom,their parents,the officiating ministers and our guests.If you are out of Texas,we will pay the transportation charges to and from the party venue so indicate in your email if you are out of Texas and state what it will costs either via Plane or through Car transport to Texas and what amount you will receive working for 6 hours at the occasion.Also,we will have the photographs snapped at the wedding forwarded to the Publisher of a Magazine Company in U.K so they could feature the memoirs of the wedding in their celebrity journal.
However,I will be making the payment by means of a Cashiers Cheque.Let me have your full names,Address,Phone Number,Cellular Number where a Cashiers Cheque will be mailed to for the payment.Moreso,should you be out of state,the Hotel accomodation will be provided for by me.Waiting to read from you soon as regards this.
Best regards,
Michael Ezekiel.

Any one else received this as it sound very fishy to me and I dont do weddings (I can but dont)

Regards

Nick..
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question
24 Jan 2005 8:43AM
Yes its a scam. Read here
digicammad 18 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2005 8:43AM
Which do you think!

Yep, you're right.

Ian
andytvcams 19 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2005 9:26AM
Yep its done the rounds.
Carabosse 18 41.8k 270 England
24 Jan 2005 9:29AM

Quote:I am looking for the best photographer who will come and snapshoot

Not only a scam but positively insulting! "Best photographer" and "snapshoot" don't really sit well together do they?! Wink
Freefall 18 675 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2005 9:33AM
If I remember correctly it was also reported in Amateur photographer a couple of weeks ago....definite scam.
klewis 17 1.9k 1 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2005 9:38AM
If it smells like spam, tastes like spam and read like spam...then it's spam lol
24 Jan 2005 9:39AM
Thought it was thanks peeps Sorry didn't really have much time to search the fourm

Nick
ewanrayment 17 718 1 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2005 11:09AM
How does the scam work? I can obviously see getting your address, phone number etc is the first step - but then what would they do?
Carabosse 18 41.8k 270 England
24 Jan 2005 11:16AM
I suspect the "cashiers cheque" sent to you will be for a good deal more than the amount agreed.

You will then send them your own cheque for the balance. Whereupon their cashiers cheque will bounce.
paulBT 16 47
24 Jan 2005 11:19AM
biggest give away "my WIFE Agnes", what married already !!!
24 Jan 2005 11:38AM

Quote:Biggest give away "my WIFE Agnes", what married already !!!

LOL didn't see that Smile
loweswood 16 317 England
24 Jan 2005 1:27PM
plus!... whoever heard of a pre-wedding honeymoon!!!
mcsimeyb 17 100
25 Jan 2005 5:44AM
I got one of these almost exactly the same. I thought it was a scam but wanted to test the water to make sure. So I sent back an email asking a few questions. The email I got back was almost unreadable cos the English was so bad. It was as if Ali G had written it! I tried to email the person back to let them know what I thought of them but my email kept bouncing back undelivered. Still it kept me and my workmates entertained for a week!! This really is a scam that no one should fall for
cameraboy56 18 241
25 Jan 2005 9:05AM
We have received one of these also, but to do a CELEB Wedding in Newcastle, with the way it was writen we thought it was probably Gaza, after a few pints!!!
How do they expect people to fall for this? And how would they make any money?
Marty.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.