Script error on Ephotozine.

7 May 2016 7:51PM
Hi. I keep getting a "script error" and it asks me to continue, debug or stop the script. Then the page crashes. I'm using Firefox, Windows 8.1 and its all up to date. It only seems to happen on Ephotozine.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

RogBrown 12 3.1k 10 England
7 May 2016 8:59PM
Me too. This happened a while ago & then just went away. Now it's started again. Firefox & 8.1 too.
KarenFB Plus
13 5.3k 173 England
7 May 2016 9:02PM
And me - really frustrating (as above, it only happens on EPZ). Usually I have to force a close down and start again!
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
7 May 2016 9:16PM
I suggest those with problems submit a report - bottom of the page - Contact Support.

That automatically provides the IT guys some info on your device/pc set-up and makes it easier to see if there is a common thread to the problems several people are experiencing
7 May 2016 9:41PM
Report sent.
robertt Plus
13 136 United Kingdom
8 May 2016 4:04PM
Me too, on windows 10. Which is all up to date. Message comes up, Do you you want to stop long running script. Click yes or no and it starts to work.

robertt
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
8 May 2016 4:12PM

Quote:Me too, on windows 10. Which is all up to date. Message comes up, Do you you want to stop long running script. Click yes or no and it starts to work.

robertt

Please report - see Moderator post above.
davidburleson 12 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
9 May 2016 8:04AM
Hi Everyone,

Could you provide further details of what the script error says or even a screenshot?
RogBrown 12 3.1k 10 England
9 May 2016 9:04AM
From memory is says Unresposive Script. A script on this page has stopped working. Then there's the option to continue, debug script or stop script.
I started a thread on this subject a while ago & there were several suggestions, all of which were beyond me. Then it went away on its own. Started again a day or two ago, but seems ok at the mo.
9 May 2016 10:41AM
28021_1462786902.jpg

TanyaH Plus
16 1.3k 395 United Kingdom
9 May 2016 11:10AM
I'm also going to submit a report, but mine is a slightly different thing - options to 'Leave this page' or 'Stay on this page' ...
SlowSong Plus
10 8.1k 30 England
9 May 2016 11:22AM

Quote:I'm also going to submit a report, but mine is a slightly different thing - options to 'Leave this page' or 'Stay on this page' ...
I get that too, but only on the computer at work (they use Chrome), over which I have no control. At home it's fine (on which I use FF).
ttiger8 4 159 United Kingdom
9 May 2016 1:18PM
Umberto_V

If you do a Google search for the URL that the script refers to i.e. https://secure-ds.serving-sys, I think you will find that your browser has been infected with a virus/malware. Seems as though it can go undetected by anti-virus software and needs to be manually removed.
9 May 2016 4:50PM
I installed an ad blocker recommended by Firefox and all seems well now.
Fenfotos 3 21 United Kingdom
9 May 2016 7:35PM
I have had the same problem (Windows 8 and Firefox). I also googled the script and found instructions for removing the offending program. Only problem is, I cannot see any trace of the program on my PC, or in a Firefox extension. I have followed Umberto_V and installed an ad blocker. I'll be interested to see what happens.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.