ADVERTISEMENT
Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

Sebastaio Salgado Exhibition

redhed17 17 887 England
6 Sep 2013 10:10PM
I'm currently on holiday in Rome and saw posters for a Sebastaio Delgado at the Ara Pacis Museum. After reading this thread, and looking at some of Sebastaio Delgado's work I may go and see it, and the Ara Pacis too. After all the walking in the sweltering heat today my feet could do with the rest. Wink
SlowSong Plus
14 10.5k 30 England
7 Sep 2013 9:37AM
Any of his work is worth seeing redhed, but if it's the Genesis exhibition then it's doubly so. Smile
redhed17 17 887 England
7 Sep 2013 8:36PM
Well I went to see the Sebastiao Salgado Exhibition at the Ara Pacis in Rome today. WOW! I have never seen so many great pictures by one person in one place. All taken not over a lifetime as I was expecting as I was looking at the pictures, but all seemingly taken over the last 10 years or so. Such variety too. Stunning work. It was the Genesis Exhibition too. Smile

Thanks for posting this thread, as it prompted me to go and see the Exhibition.

It was also a nudge to see the Ara Pacis too.

Thanks. Smile
lemmy 15 2.9k United Kingdom
7 Sep 2013 10:01PM
I wouldn't often recommend anything to anyone because we all have different tastes but Salgado is the exception.

The Steely Dan of photography, I'd say...and for me no higher praise Grin
Gaucho 20 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 4:02PM
I managed to make it to Perpignan and though it may not be up to Salgado's standards, there were some terrific examples of photojournalism, Don McCullin's work in particular. A cracking day out.

20130911-1219-untitled.jpg
lemmy 15 2.9k United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 5:50PM
I shall try to get there - thanks.
frontlens 9 2
14 Sep 2013 9:42PM
I saw the exhibition at Natural History Museum in May. It was probably the best photo exhibition I have ever seen. Excellent work across the board.
Also impeccable printing.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.