Save 10% On Used Camera Equipment & Lenses From CameraWorld! Use ePHOTO at checkout.

second body for wildlife D7100? D800? D600?

cheddar-caveman 16 1.1k England
3 Oct 2015 9:53PM
The current fore runner in the wildlife field, in my humble opinion, is the new Canon 7D Mk ll no doubt! 10fps, AF at f8 and many more brilliant features.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

annettep38 Plus
8 219 42 Costa Rica
4 Oct 2015 4:51AM

Quote:The current fore runner in the wildlife field, in my humble opinion, is the new Canon 7D Mk ll no doubt! 10fps, AF at f8 and many more brilliant features.

And there is a Nikon adapter for it? WinkWink
Sorry but this was not my question.
LenShepherd 11 4.0k United Kingdom
4 Oct 2015 10:10AM
It might be interesting to review Nikon "wildlife equipment" progress in the 2 years since the thread started.
Nikon has put "bulls eye" group AF in the D810 and the more affordable D750 and introduced the well received "affordable" 200-500 which seems to compete very well with 150-600 independents.
Low AF ability and AF speed have improved somewhat but as yet no high ISO improvement in theory possible with back-lit sensors, or very fast contrast detect AF.
Neither Nikon, Canon, or anybody else has made it easier to locate good wildlife subjects, though when you do the likely success ratio has gone up a little using the latest equipment.
PhotoShop now includes a camera shake reduction tool.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.