Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Second curtain flash

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : Question answered

DeanH 15 45 1
7 Oct 2005 6:06AM
Hi,

I only have the built in flash on my *ist DS at the moment but wondered if it was possible to use second curtain flash at all?

Thanks in advance

Dean
collywobles 17 4.1k 10 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2005 8:26AM
Does it not give this info in the Instruction Book?
deviant 17 3.1k 1 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2005 9:09AM
RTFM :o)
pj.morley 18 947 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2005 12:37PM
Apparently the *ist DS does support rear curtain flash. I'm not familiar with the camera so you'll need to search the menu or manual but try looking for 'rear' curtain rather than 'second' curtain.
KenTaylor 16 3.1k 2 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2005 12:54PM
Page 157 in the manual.
MeanGreeny 15 3.7k England
8 Oct 2005 1:35AM
If you're not offering advice , why reply ?

The most successful and well moderated forums I have been a member of don't tolerate "RTFM" type replies and especially don't tolerate ones which talk about the originator as if he wasn't there.

Nuff Sed
skeletor 17 1.7k England
8 Oct 2005 2:03AM
Agree with MeanGreeny.

There could be any number of reasons why Dean hasn't referred to the manual. Maybe he's lost it, maybe he's confused by the manual (some aren't as clear we would hope) etc. Can those with the unhelpful replies honestly say they haven't posted a question on a forum that's not answered in their manual...I know I have.

Steve
Photo4x4 17 470 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2005 2:10AM
Yup, I've read various manuals and become confused at times so it often helps to have a second opinion. Perhaps if Dean had mentioned that he'd checked the manual it may have helped. However it does not help to encourage people if you 'slap them down', it only makes them reluctant to ask again.

I tell our Photo4x4 customers that there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers.

I often look at posts such as 'I'm doing wedding photography next week, what should I do?' and think that the person should have done some of their own research but if that is the case then I just don't comment.

Keith Hart
collywobles 17 4.1k 10 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2005 2:33AM
My comment was purely question, it was intended as "was it not in the manual" rather than "have you not read the manual". I have had similar issues myself and find that reading and re-reading the manual often helps. Its easy to skip thru a manual when you first purchase say a camera and miss a great deal of info.
8 Oct 2005 2:40AM
Not you collywobles...

Quote:Why-o-why don't people read the instructions books that come with their equipment? I mean, jeeeeeezus!!!

Keith Hart
sillyconguru 16 4.4k
8 Oct 2005 6:46AM

Quote:...there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers.

Not so Keith. There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. If someone can't find out about these sort of things for themselves, maybe it would be a good idea to return the camera.

A google search for "Pentax istDS flash rear sync" came up with this. Now; that's not so difficult to find, is it?
8 Oct 2005 8:40AM
Interesting comment, very revealing.

Anyway I can assure any potential Photo4x4 customers that they can ask any questions they like and they will be treated with respect and courtesy.

Keith Hart
MeanGreeny 15 3.7k England
8 Oct 2005 9:08AM

Quote:There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. If someone can't find out about these sort of things for themselves, maybe it would be a good idea to.........

Find out about network security when you set one up ?
sillyconguru 16 4.4k
8 Oct 2005 9:12AM
My router didn't come with a manual, the help file on the CD was also pi55-poor. Also, I didn't ask for any help in that thread.

If I don't know something, google is my first point of call (after reading the manual, that is). Helping yourself is better than asking others to do it for you.

If you want to look at all of my forum posts Simon, you will find that I can be helpful.
UserDeleted 18 3.6k
8 Oct 2005 11:46AM
Keith,

Quote:Anyway I can assure any potential Photo4x4 customers that they can ask any questions they like and they will be treated with respect and courtesy.

But then you are either hoping that they will book you and that you can make money from them, or that they have paid you for a tour and instruction in which case they have hired you to answer all of their questions.

Commercial opportunity often clouds the issue.

Mike.