Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Selling images in the National Trust

warjoe 14 74 Northern Ireland
9 Apr 2007 11:22AM
I was at a National Trust fun day on sunday and took some nice shots of a Punch and Judy show and Magic show ,I was going see if the nation Trust or the childens entertainers they might be intersed in buying them to help promotion of future events etc. I am new to selling photos is their any legal issues you can see.

Many thanks
Centurion 16 1.2k England
9 Apr 2007 11:23AM
All you can do is ask them. The only thing that remains in do you keep the copyright or sell that too?

Gav
rhiw_com 14 24
9 Apr 2007 11:41AM
You will need to visit a National Trust shop, they are usually located at their historic houses and / or other properties. They will give you a form to fill, you should send this away with some of your images to their head office, (address on the form) they say it takes about a month to get back to you. I filled the form in about three weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for a reply!

Good luck, and hope this helps.

Rg Tony
Nick_Hilton 16 599 2 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2007 2:03PM
There was an interview in a photo mag about 3 months ago (think it was Professional photograher) with the guy who looks after the image bank for the National Trust.
They have changed their policy on what rights yopu have to give up when using / selling images for commercial reasons. All I can remember was that it was very controversial. If you want me to try and dig the artical out I will do?

Nick
andytvcams 18 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2007 2:25PM

Quote:All I can remember was that it was very controversial. If you want me to try and dig the artical out I will do?

Would make interesting reading.
Nick_Hilton 16 599 2 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2007 2:26PM
I will see what I can do!
PP 19 222 England
9 Apr 2007 4:04PM
The NT commission work from some of the UKs best known photographers, their photo library can be seen here:

http://www.ntpl.org.uk/index2.pgi

No harm in contacting them about using your photos, but don't get your hopes up too high (no disrespect for your photography intended).

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.