Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Sending images for printing

zedz 11 6 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2011 8:53AM
I have been asked to produce some wedding photos and don't print myself so usually upload my photos to a website for printing.
For me it doesn't matter too much what they're like but these need to be good quality and very long lasting. Can anyone recommend a good photo printing company - or equally steer me away from some less good ones.
Thank you
Focus_Man 10 481 631 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2011 8:56AM
I think it may prove more economical to buy a printer, they are not expensive and what you save in purchasing prints may well pay for the printer. That way you have control over what you print, how you print and when you can deliver. Having the printer at the end of the job for further use would prove to be a bonus.

Frank
danbrann 16 640 17
21 Aug 2011 9:26AM
Proam imaging in Bradford are excellent and reasonable but have a look at their website and follow their instructions.
Andy_Cundell 10 1.1k 5 England
21 Aug 2011 10:04AM
For large sizes of prints why not try folioprintz. They also have a trade login with discount.
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
21 Aug 2011 12:09PM
A proper job done & not that expensive....Grin

We find that there is no way we can compete on price or quality by using our own printers, That and having lots of " Dead Money " & " Dead Stock " laying around in the form of Inks & Paper supplies, Is a complete No no finacially.....Sad

The supplied link to Sams delivers high quality on a variety of paper types, They will supply samples on request, They colour match if required.

I suggest you try them with a few samples, Before you consider spending money on printers paper & inks, Because that would be just the start of your " Colour Managed Nightmare " ...Smile

Whatever.....Good luck....Wink
User_Removed 17 17.9k 8 Norway
21 Aug 2011 1:00PM

Quote:Because that would be just the start of your " Colour Managed Nightmare "

Vince is right. He is referencing the fact that your whole workflow would need - by necessity - to be fully Colour-managed from start to finish if producing your own prints.

This will explain everything...

Again... good luck. Smile
21 Aug 2011 1:30PM
DS Colour labs. Very fast, very cheap and great quality.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.