Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Sending photos to mags

bikejourno 15 114 United Kingdom
17 May 2006 11:38AM
good luck!!!
Marlin_owner 16 658 United Kingdom
17 May 2006 10:54PM
Bikejourno

What do you edit?
I would probably be interested in submitting some shots in the future.

If you want to contact me direct my email is 'mark(dot)sansby(at)virgin(dot)net'

Mark
17 May 2006 11:47PM
u got mail
wotashot 17 2.2k
18 May 2006 12:05AM
I'd be interested in the same mail BJ (no, it deffinitely sounds better if I write your full name out!) BikeJourno,

Drop me a PM or point me to a website where I can email you or give you my address,

Jamie
Marlin_owner 16 658 United Kingdom
18 May 2006 2:27AM

Quote:U got mail

U got reply.

Many thanks.
marc2 15 51
18 May 2006 2:51AM

Quote:Any Tog who sends full images without any assurance of payment would not be a tog for very long

I bet you've sent out a few full-res paparazzi pics in your time to the tabloids without any guarantee of publication or payment!
18 May 2006 2:56AM
let me just clear something up
i am not actively looking for any snappers etc at present
all i did was post an answer to a question

by all means feel free to PM me if you have something to shout about
wotashot 17 2.2k
18 May 2006 6:34AM
You can't be PM'd as your a newbie - hence the question above, could you drop me an email to * jamie (at) punchypictures (dot) com *

I'd be interested to know which magazine you work for as I may wish to submit some work to you in the future.

If I don't know which mag you work for there aint much point me submitting material is there?

Jamie
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
18 May 2006 6:40AM
Be careful not to send any that haven't got an invoice attached to them, Jamie

....just so you can hold up publication that bit longer.
Wink
18 May 2006 7:37AM
let me explain my fobia over low res images

a few months back now i saw an image on this site that fitted the bill for a cover shot i was trying to get a hold of
i contacted the owner of the pic and he sent a low res shot which i duly passed on to design. he told me what camera he had used to take the pic and as it wasnt cropped would have just done the job

design used the low res image to get the placement right on the page even though at 300dpi it was heavily pixelated
(the fact that it was pixelated actually helped out because the chance of getting the low res one on the PDF and sent off for printing is that much less)

no probs
as soon as the original arrives then hey presto

trouble is the large file didnt arrive until well into deadline day and when open at 100% it was clearly a photoshop job and wasnt usable in any way shape or form
hence big problem having designed a page around the pic colours etc i then had to find a similar pic with no time to spare all because of some one who doesnt understand the job of a "proper" photographer
Mark_Readman 15 922
18 May 2006 7:45AM

Quote:all because of some one who doesnt understand the job of a "proper" photographer

thats why they call them editoral photographers, because for a fee they will take and supply the image you requested and expect paying if you use it or not, just like the old take away charges you if you eat the food or not.
mind you if you need a "proper photographer", thats me and my kronies out of the picture !
Which MC mag is it, not the one listed in the NUJ bad payers list I hope,.
ZenTog 19 7.9k 1 England
18 May 2006 8:25AM
Bj , I have even had an editor of a mag print from my slides andthen when asked for payment he claimed they were his images and not mine, funny I said he wasnt even in the same county that day !!!!!took 9 plus months to get paid.

its a little easier with digital to send images via email etc , but eventhen it has drawbacks at times.

what bike mags do you do work for, along with marlin owner I shoot motocross and supercross in Cornwall and the westcountry , also covering drag runs etc

proper photographer, you means somebody who doesnt know the proper job of a photo editor

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.