Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Sensor Cleaner EOS 20D

gib spawny 17 46 1 United Kingdom
24 Apr 2006 10:33PM
I've noticed recently that the specs on the CCD are getting to a point that it needs a clean. A mate of mine used swabs on my 300D and worked really well. I'm looking to move the 300D and up grade the 20D to a 5D and keep the 20D as a spare rather than the 300D.

With me so far Smile

So I will end up with a 20D and a 5D by the end of the year.

What swap types will I need or shall I go for the NASA brush product that will do both?
24 Apr 2006 10:49PM
I use Sensor Swabs with Eclipse cleaning fluid. It works very well - even if its a tad expensive. Unfortunately, because the 5D & 20D have different sized sensors, you can't use the same swab on both of them - so you will have to buy 2 different sizes.

You can get the swabs and fluid from www.crowndigital.co.uk and (I think) Warehouseexpress.
User_Removed 16 4.3k 2 United Kingdom
24 Apr 2006 11:33PM
I've tried everything - even getting my sensor cleaned at Nikon.
The best method for me is the nylon sensor brush found on ebay
It also seems to keep the sensor cleaner for longer somehow.
cyclopse 16 229
25 Apr 2006 3:55AM
pay 35 like me because im scared i let the pros do it lol

Chris
gib spawny 17 46 1 United Kingdom
25 Apr 2006 4:34AM
Yeah my mate only had his EOS IDS Mrk II a few weeks when he tried cleaning his sensor and dropped the blower inside the camera. It skipped accross the censor and scrathed it all the way accross. I won't tell you want the repair was as his wife will kill him and me!

I did laugh, which he didn't find that funny. But I couldn't help myself. But there's a right way and a wrong way of doing it, having been shown by a friend that cleaned mine.
Just Jas 19 26.3k 1 England
25 Apr 2006 4:47AM

Quote:It skipped accross the censor

Were his pics being censored, then? Smile)
Jay44 15 1.4k Wales
5 May 2006 11:40PM
Received my sensor cleaning brushes, but no intstructions included on how to use them, all it says is look it up on the internet!

:/
dougv 17 8.4k 3 England
6 May 2006 12:53AM
Jay,
the guy I bought my brushes from on eBay pointed me to this site

Hope it is what you are looking for.

Doug ;o)
Jay44 15 1.4k Wales
30 Jan 2007 12:40PM
Finally took the plunge and cleaned my sensor with the sensor cleaning brush I bought ages ago.

I photographed the grey sky before hand to check the dust problem (and it was huge)

Did the clean, photographed the sky again, and the results were unbelieveable, all but three spots gone. I can live with those three spots.

And just to think I had put it off for so long because I was scared to death of going anywhere near the sensor!

Grin

Jay
XX
collywobles 17 4.1k 10 United Kingdom
30 Jan 2007 4:57PM
Yeah, agree with Jay44.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.