Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

SEO advice

Colbyrob1 10 3 1 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2011 3:10PM
I was just wondering if anybody who was doing really well with foliopic on the rankings, if they wanted to share their top tips for increasing their page rank. I have had my page for a while now, but never had a huge amount of google links. Is it just about the content on the site that is getting people more success? I have not had a huge amount of time to work on my content, i.e. linking blogs and updating as much as I should, but I'm looking at making my site much more streamlined to aim at portraits and model folio's maybe also makeover and boudoir. Let me know if you have any great idea's tips that have worked for you.
digicammad 18 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2011 3:12PM
1) Refresh your content regularly
2) Make sure you add good tags to all your pages and images
3) Submit your site to web directories and ping sites
4) Wait 5 years

The reason for number 4 is that Google considers older sites to be more stable and therefore more attractive. The magic number seems to be 5 years, I had heard that before and this year one of my sites suddenly hit page 1, guess how old it was. Wink

Ian
Carrera_c 11 273 3 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2011 3:17PM
There's a lot of factors: Content, relevance of your meta tags to that content and your headers. Headers are the most important as far as I know regarding content. For images remember to put something descriptive in the 'alt' tags, as Google spiders can't tell what the image is they'll use this to figure out its relevance. You'll also want to get some links to your site from others. Links to your site from sites you link back to are good as well, but not as highly regarded by Google as sites that only link to you and you don't link back.

That's what little I've figured out so far.
scottishphototours 17 2.6k 2
8 Nov 2011 4:31PM
There was a cracking thread about this earlier in the year. Do a search...
Colbyrob1 10 3 1 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2011 5:35PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll look into it on the search. I just had a brief browse and there were quite a few threads with SEO related topic. If there was one you know of in particular do post. I was hoping for anybody with Foliopic sites in particular, as I am sure there are specific dos/do not's on each web building platform. I had a look at the alt tags option and I never knew that was important. Will take me a little bit longer to get it all updated, but well worth it to do so. Thanks again.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.