Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Exclusive 25% off Affinity Photo: Professional photo editing with no subscription!


timbo 15 596 United Kingdom
1 Sep 2008 6:11PM
My tripod, a manfrotto 055c about 14 years old, has gone bit sloppy. When i pick it up all the legs close together making it awkward to move around.
Does anyone know where i can get it serviced? I don't really want to buy a new one if i can avoid it.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Blenkinsopp 12 320 4 England
1 Sep 2008 7:01PM
you could probably service it yourself.
I took mine to pieces carefully so I would know how to put it back together and located the damaged/worn part.
The great thing about Manfrotto is you can buy every little bit of their tripods seperately and they are very helpful. I contacted them and they gave me a phone number of my nearest place for help. Non technical me then explained to a patient and long suffering advisor on the telephone what piece I needed (didn't know the name of it) and he ordered it for me. It can take up to 4 wks to get but it was worth it and only cost a phone call and 3 something
timbo 15 596 United Kingdom
1 Sep 2008 7:35PM
cheers, will look into it

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.