GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Set up?

31 Aug 2012 5:43PM
It would be very interesting to see how people set up perches and hides etc and some advice on the best lenses to use etc

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

31 Aug 2012 7:21PM
What great questions Joanne. I am very open with my set up, and show it to photo clubs and wildlife societies as I give my kingfisher talks.
I have posted photos of this springs set up. The horizontal perch ( now removed for the winter ) was used to capture the courting, mating and fledglings.
As for lenses I started with 70-400 a good all round wildlife lens used with a full frame camera. and now use a 1.5 crop camera A77 SLT with a 300 2.8 lens.
I am hoping to upgrade when the new Sony Full frame SLT comes out.
MikeRC 14 3.6k United Kingdom
31 Aug 2012 10:54PM
...would that we could all emulate you Sydney Smile
Scottelly 7 35 United States
5 Sep 2012 1:38AM
I would have thought you would prefer the 1.5 crop sensor, but if you are wishing for a full-frame, then I guess that would be the best. You're the experienced one!

Smile
5 Sep 2012 9:12AM
The new Sony A99 is reported to have 102 focus points and Phase detection making the focusing very fast and accurate.
If I could afford to/ I would keep both the A77 & A99. as you are right the A77 increases the lens length by 50%.
I have no noise problem with the A77 but the A99 has a better way of retaining the light.
I'm old and understand full frame from my roll film days.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.