GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Shadow / Highlight tool missing

Redbull 13 8 Scotland
4 Jan 2011 11:38PM
I have used photoshop 6.01 for many years, and used frequently the shadow/highlight tool. I have upgraded my computer using Windows 7, and appear to have lost the shadow/highlight tool. Does anyone have any suggestions on locating this tool?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog Plus
10 5.7k 58 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2011 12:30PM
I use PS elements 6 and now 8 and did have am issue where i needed to delete part of the file structure to get photoshop to rebuild it clean to make something appear, but i think that was filter views or something. Sorry i can't remember what this was.

I know that on upgrading from 6 to 8 some of the tool icons changed thier face images and were hidden under other's but not sure if either of these is related to you issue.

I've tried a quick google but can't see an obvious solutiuon - it did suggest that some plugin's neede reinstalling after an upgrade, was this tool a seperate plugin origionally?

All above are guesses as i don't actually have the software.
chalkhillblue 11 164 2 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2011 12:54PM
Shadow/highlight tool?

With an image open in the Editor, from the Enhance drop down > Adjust lighting > Shadows/highlights and make your adjustments,
is it this that is missing?

David
Redbull 13 8 Scotland
5 Jan 2011 8:32PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I have discovered that I was the problem!Sad I had loaded PS 6 onto my new laptop when I had PS8 on my old PC. I have now loaded PS8 and have found the shadow/highlight tool. So that was an evening wasted last night trying to find it.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Alan

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.