The Totally Tamron Website Is Back! Visit Today For All Things Tamron

Shifting expectations in the wedding industry

llareggub 9 825 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2013 5:58PM

Quote:Ade has a perfect example of how to manipulate the situation to your own end, I'll give you 10% more digital images for the same cost, to the customer it is a discount, to you it is nowhere near 10% more work!

Yes i get that and the idea is good, however our wedding business has always been built round a model of giving the clients all the photos which is built in the price rather than the old model of charging per photo and we have always found the feedback on this approach very good as customers dont want to be haggling over how many photos they can get.

We are already offering differing amounts of hours etc which is the same thing to match the customers budget but even then they still ask , in fact just been asked a moment ago ! Is there any room for maneuver in your prices and also what does it include. That one has befuddled me , i could not write a clearer explanation of what is and isn't in each package ! ( don't normally get asked that question so I am fairly sure the website explanation works for most ) , its more likely a pre-cursor to someone wanting an album in the price Wink

The chances are that if you are if you are increasingly receiving new questions then your market is changing and the only way to deal with that is to get ahead of them and build a model that is pre-empting those questions and if those questions involve discounts then build them into your structure.

I did take a look at your website and the photographs are great however I find the pricing page 'hard work', the modern consumer (I'm not really sure about the photography consumer) is used to seeing things displayed in a very different manner. You currently have 5 packages and I would be tempted to arrange them in a 'chart' rather than a really long list that repeats itself in many cases and dump some of the superfluous stuff and put it at the bottom of the of the chart as 'small print', it would leave much more room for photographs on your page and take away the sea of white text on a black background.

Hopefully you take this in the manner it is meant and not just a harsh criticism Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit 10 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2013 6:33PM

Quote:its more likely a pre-cursor to someone wanting an album in the price

Ah, yes the old tactic of 'salami slicing' or 'slice and dice' - pick cheaper elements from each package and end up with a de facto discount. Those people are a bloody nightmare (so what, if I did it myself as sales rep). It sdounds to me like you are a strong enough character to tell them to take it or leave it.
pulsar69 15 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2013 8:43PM

Quote:I did take a look at your website and the photographs are great however I find the pricing page 'hard work', the modern consumer (I'm not really sure about the photography consumer) is used to seeing things displayed in a very different manner. You currently have 5 packages and I would be tempted to arrange them in a 'chart' rather than a really long list that repeats itself in many cases and dump some of the superfluous stuff and put it at the bottom of the of the chart as 'small print', it would leave much more room for photographs on your page and take away the sea of white text on a black background.

Thank you for taking the time i do appreciate the feedback and that is something i will have a think on Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.